TWRP is a must have recovery for every android enthusiasts. If you frequently flash and test custom ROMs, try new Mods or just want to root your device, TWRP helps a lot. Today in this post, we will guide you through the process of installing TWRP recovery on Itel S11 android smartphone.
Sometimes we feel the urge to root our device, sometimes we flash custom app mods, scripts, and custom ROMs. All these can be done with the help of TWRP recovery. TWRP is a custom recovery project which enables users to flash custom ROMs, install mods, root device and take complete backup. If you want to get the most out of your android device, then TWRP is a must have tool.
- 1 What is TWRP Recovery
- 2 How to Install TWRP Recovery on Itel S11 and Root using Magisk/SU
- 3 Install TWRP Recovery on Itel S11
- 4 How to Root Itel S11
What is TWRP Recovery
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It started as a small recovery project to facilitate ease while flashing custom ROMs and tweaks for android user. With simple and easy to use interface, it quickly became popular among Android enthusiasts and developers. There are quite a lot of benefits of installing a Custom recovery like the TWRP on an Android Device. This includes flashing Super SU or Magisk as well. These benefits include installing Custom ROMs, Patches, MODs and more.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
Here are some of the advantages of installing a TWRP Recovery on an Android Device:
- Flash Custom ROMs using TWRP
- Flash mods zip & Xposed modules files to customize their phone
- Root their device and install Magisk or SuperSU
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Underclock and overclock.
- Users can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- Access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- Remove all bloatware/system apps using the TWRP Recovery
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Itel S11 and Root using Magisk/SU
Today, in this tutorial, we will guide you on how to download and install TWRP recovery on your Itel S11 Android smartphone. After successfully installing TWRP, you can install several mods, flash ROMs, take a complete backup and so much more. So are you excited? let’s start with the TWRP installation. If you’re new to this stuff then don’t worry. We will guide you through each step. Just read and follow all the steps carefully. But before, let’s get to know some of the device specifications:
|Device Name/Model||Itel S11|
|Screen||5.0-inch IPS Display, 480 x 854 pixels (186 ppi)|
|CPU/Processor||1.3GHz quad-core Processor Mediatek MT6580M|
|RAM/ROM||1GB RAM, 8GB Internal|
|Camera||5MP Rear Camera and 5MP Front Camera|
|Battery||Non-Removable 2400 mAh Lithium-Polymer Battery|
Download Required Files
These are the files which you will be needing to install TWRP and rooting Itel S11 device. So make sure to download them.
- This Recovery is only supported with the Itel S11.
- You should have a working PC/Laptop
- Make sure that you charge your phone for at least 50%.
- Download and install latest drivers your PC/Laptop [All Android USB Drivers]
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on any MediaTek device.
- Take a full backup of your device. This includes any photos, videos, messages, contacts etc.
Install TWRP Recovery on Itel S11
Now if you have downloaded all the files and crosschecked all the pre-requisites, then we can follow along with the installation steps. We have a total of two methods by which we can install TWRP on Itel S11:
Method 1: By SP Flash Tools
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Method 2: By ADB fastboot method
You will need to download some additional files to use this method.
How to Root Itel S11
If you have successfully installed TWRP recovery in your Itel S11 device then you can proceed further and root your device. By rooting your device, you will get complete control over your device hardware.
You can do pretty remarkable things after rooting such as:
- Underclocking and over cloaking CPU,
- Increase speaker sound etc.
- Access all the hardware controls of your device
- Hack vulnerable wifi
- Increase battery life
- Uninstall Bloatware/ system apps on Itel S11
- Edit and delete system/firmware files etc.
Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty. But don’t worry as you can un-root your device anytime you want. Now, let us take a look at some of the advantages of rooting an Android Device.
Steps to Root Itel S11
You can root your device either by installing SuperSU or Magisk manager. Both of them work pretty great. We will be guiding for both the installations. Follow all the steps given down below.
Method 1: Rooting via SuperSUFull Guide to install SuperSU on your phone
Method 2: Rooting via MagiskFull Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
So this is how you can install TWRP and root your Itel S11 Android smartphone. Please make sure to root only via one method. If you’re having any issue or problems with the guide, then let us know via comments section. We will be happy to help you.