Vivo V21e 5G was launched in India as a budget-friendly with 5G support which is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity SoC and dual rear camera setup. It runs on Android 11 out of the box.
Finally, Today Vivo started pushing their new major OS update, Funtouch OS 12 for the Vivo V21e 5G based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number PD2102F_EX_A_220.127.116.11 for users globally and will soon reach other users around the globe. With this, Vivo has included the latest April / May 2022 Security patch which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Vivo V21e 5G Device Overview:
- Android 12: What’s New and Its Features:
- Download Android 12 | Funtouch OS 12 Update:
Vivo V21e 5G Device Overview:
The Vivo V21 E 5G features a 6.44 inches AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It is a standard panel with a 60Hz refresh rate. The screen has a maximum peak brightness of 600 nits. Under the hood, we have the MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G built on a 7nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Mali-G57 MC2.
Coming to the optics, we get a dual-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The dual rear camera consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, and an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. At the front, we get a 32MP sensor paired with an f/2.0 lens. The rear camera can capture 4K videos at 30fps, while the front camera is limited to 1080p video recording.
The Vivo V21 E 5G comes with Android 11 out of the box with FuntouchOS 11.1 skin on top. There is only a storage variant of this smartphone with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. There is also a MicroSD slot(shared SIM slot) for storage expansion.
For communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, FM radio and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. There is a 4,000 mAh battery powering the device. Vivo claims that it goes from 0 to 72% in 30 min using the 44W charging adapter included in the box. The smartphone is available in two color options: Sunset Jazz and Dark Pearl.
Android 12: What’s New and Its Features:
Android 12 is all about improved personalization and revamped user interface that changes the way to bring more dynamic expression and a whole new design element. It’s a successor of the last-gen Android 11 which was basically focused on the privacy and security of the user data. While the Android 12 not only focused on privacy features but also on visual treatment.
Talking about the features, it has all new and colorful yet minimal widgets that are now more dynamic than ever before. While the dynamic theme with the wallpapers is more expressive as per your mood. The notification shade, lock screen, and its notifications, glance screen, volume controls, quick shortcut tiles, new power menu, transitions or animations, etc everything looks & feels great whatsoever with the ‘Material You’ design.
Meanwhile, the impressive Privacy Dashboard feature, the privacy indicator on the top of the screen is also great. Whereas scrolling screenshot support, improved notifications, quick reply feature, on-device search feature, easy Wi-Fi sharing, one-handed mode, quick back tap feature, haptic-coupled audio effect, Android 12 updates via Google Play, App hibernation, all-new emojis, improved auto-rotate, and a lot more.
Android 12 Funtouch OS 12 Update Tracker:
Updated on October 11, 2022: Vivo started seeding September 2022 security patch update for the device with software version PD2102F_EX_A_18.104.22.168. The update is based on Android 12.
Updated on June 30, 2022: Today Vivo rolled their first Funtouch OS 12 update to the global users with software version PD2102F_EX_A_22.214.171.124. The update comes with May 2022 security patch.
Download Android 12 | Funtouch OS 12 Update:
|Build Number: PD2102F_EX_A_126.96.36.199
File Size: 3.6 GB
|Build Number: PD2102F_EX_A_188.8.131.52
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: PD2102F_EX_A_184.108.40.206
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 on Vivo V21e 5G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the Funtouch OS 12 update based on Android 12 on your Vivo V21e 5G, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- Supported device: Vivo V21e 5G PD2102BF
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Flash Tool: SP Flash tool
- Download Drivers: VCOM Drivers and Vivo USB Drivers
Now, let’s take a look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Vivo V21e 5G.
Instructions to Flash The ROM:
To install Funtouch OS 12 files on your Vivo V21e 5G, we have given two methods, either you can follow the recovery method or you can follow the Fastboot method. A detailed guide on both methods is given down below:
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via SP Flash Tool:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button.
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Vivo V21e 5G PD2102BF, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up keys together and Connect your Phone to your PC/Laptop using a USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware.
- Wait for a few minutes; if you see a green button on your flash tool, the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Vivo V21e 5G PD2102BF
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers.
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to a PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware, if not, select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! Remove your device from your PC. That’s it!
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.