Recently, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 players have encountered a new authenticator issue where they cannot play the game. The game asks the users to add a phone number to their battle.net account; sometimes, users cannot add a phone number to their accounts, making people insane. This article will discuss the 2FA Problem on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. So without any further ado, Let’s get started.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is a 2009 fps game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. It is a sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The game was released on 10 November 2009 with 170,000 monthly active players. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 was released for many platforms, including PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, macOS, Microsoft Windows, and Classic Mac OS.
Fix: 2FA Problem on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 | A New Authenticator Bug
Let us talk about the 2-Step verification in the Battle.net account. Always remember the following points before you add a phone number to your battle.net account:
- Please don’t use one phone number for multiple accounts: It is very important to remember this as you have to use unique phone numbers for each battle.net account. You won’t be able to pass the verification process if you use the same phone number on different accounts.
- Don’t use a temporary phone number: Please remember not to use a temporary phone number to verify your battle.net accounts. Temporary phone numbers are not meant to be used for 2FA purposes. If you don’t have a phone number, use your parent’s number.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has made it mandatory to add a phone number before playing the game to decrease the number of free accounts a user can create. This will reduce the toxicity and spam in the game. Some people are using new accounts to trash-talk other players. Remember to treat other players with dignity and respect if you are a gamer. We have found a few fixes for the 2FA issue; let’s discuss each of them briefly:
Reason Why Redeem Codes Are Not Working on Modern Warfare 2
How to Play COD Modern Warfare 2 / Warzone 2 on Steam Deck
Fix: Modern Warfare 2 Friend Request Locked
Fix: Modern Warfare 2 Your Profile was Signed Out Error
Fix: Modern Warfare 2 Timed Out While Signing into Online Platform
Fix: MW2 Clark Monterey Error Code
Fix 1: Reset your password
If you have tried adding 2FA to your battle.net account but failed, try resetting your password. You can reset your battle.net account password by following the steps below:
- Go to the Battle.net website and enter your login credentials.
- If you have forgotten your password, click on the ‘Forgot Password‘ button.
- It will ask you to enter your phone number or email. Enter whichever is linked and press ‘Continue.’
- You will receive an email with which you can reset your password.
- If the error persists, we recommend you to contact customer care.
Fix 2: Verify the Integrity of game files
You can perform this procedure on Steam or Battle.net:
- Launch Steam and navigate to Library.
- Search for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and right-click on it.
- Select properties and go to local files.
- Now click on verify the integrity of the game files.
- After the verification is complete, restart your Check if the problem persists.
Fix 3: Reinstall the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
If you have not found any errors after verifying the integrity of the game files, then reinstall the game. Also, please don’t interrupt while installing the game, as that’s why the game files get corrupted. You can install the game from Battle.net or Steam. We have provided steps to install the game from Battle.net:
- First, go to Battle.net and log in to your account.
- Search for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
- Add it to your account, and the game will install after installing the battle.net application on your PC.
- Please wait for the game to install and restart your PC after installing it.
- Make sure you have good internet while playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
Fix 4: Re-login to your account
A Redditor came up with this fix and stated that if we log out from the game and then restart our PC, the error might get fixed. Remember your login details; otherwise, you might have difficulty logging in later. Also, make sure you have an active and fast internet connection.
Adding 2FA has been made mandatory so remember to use the same account every time you use Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. You can create a support ticket if you are not able to log in to your account. If you cannot receive the authentication code, restart your mobile.
Fix 5: Run Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 as System Administrator
Launching the game as a System administrator might solve the launch problem in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. To launch Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 as a system administrator, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the desktop icon of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and select properties.
- Under the Compatibility tab, check the Run the program as an administrator option, click Apply, and then OK.
- Restart your PC and check if the error persists.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has made 2FA mandatory. Always remember to treat your teammates and opponents with dignity and respect. If you have any other queries, please comment below. We suggest you create a support ticket if you can still fix the 2FA issue. Happy Gaming!