Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (codename: hlte) was launched in September 2013. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and later upgrade to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Samsung currently stopped support for this device. But today we have something new unofficial. Yes, now you can upgrade Android 9.0 Pie update for Galaxy Note 3.
Talking about the specifications, Galaxy Note 3 features a 5.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Galaxy Note 3 comes with 13MP and 2MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
When will Samsung release Android 9.0 Pie update for Galaxy Note 3?
Samsung launched this device in September 2013 and upgraded to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Samsung has stopped sending new OS update for this device. Good news is that you can try the custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update. The developers are working currently to get a beta build of Android 9.0 Pie for this device. Check out the below instructions on how to try AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (hlte).
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Watch our video to know what’s new in Android 9.0 Pie and top features on it.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Galaxy Note 3?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Supported on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (hlte)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Unlock The Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 device
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member jprimero15]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install on Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Galaxy Note 3.