Samsung Galaxy S5 (codename: klte) launched in February 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4.2 KitKat and later upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Samsung currently stopped support for this device. But today we have something new unofficial. Yes, now you can upgrade Android 9.0 Pie update for Galaxy S5.
Talking about the specifications, Galaxy S5 features a 5.1-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32GB internal memory. The camera on the Galaxy S5 comes with 16MP and 2MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery with Qi/PMA wireless charging. It also has a Fingerprint sensor in the front.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
When will Samsung release Android 9.0 Pie update for Galaxy S5?
Samsung launched this device in September 2013 and upgraded to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Samsung has stopped sending new OS update for this device. Good news is that you can try the custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update. The developers are working currently to get a beta build of Android 9.0 Pie for this device. Check out the below instructions on how to try AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte).
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Watch our video to know what’s new in Android 9.0 Pie and top features on it.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.Watch The Android 9.0 Pie Features
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Galaxy S5?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Supported on Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Unlock The Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S5 device
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie – Lineage [Thanks to the XDA Senior member haggertk]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install on Samsung Galaxy S5:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Samsung Galaxy S5.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Samsung Galaxy S5:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Galaxy S5.
- How To Install dotOS on Samsung Galaxy S5 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Update CarbonROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Download and Install Bootleggers ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 [All Variant]
- How to Install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S5 (All Variant)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5 (All Variant)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy S5 based 9.0 Pie [klte]