Escape from Tarkov is one of the multiplayer first-person shooter video games when it comes to the hardcore and realistic RPG/Simulator game. It has MMO features along with story-driven gameplay which ensures an interesting gaming experience whatsoever. Meanwhile, several players are facing the ‘Anticheat connection failed’ error in Escape from Tarkov.
If you’re one of the victims, make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide in order to resolve such an error. Multiple affected players have reported that they’re experiencing a lost connection issue with their Escape from Tarkov game due to the anti-cheat loading failed error. Luckily, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that should help you out.
- Fix: ‘Anticheat connection failed’ error in Escape from Tarkov
Fix: ‘Anticheat connection failed’ error in Escape from Tarkov
Now, without getting further ado, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Run your game as an administrator
Plenty of affected players have mentioned that they weren’t running the game executable file as an administrator. That’s why the anti-cheat system doesn’t run properly. Additionally, it can cause crashing of the game, not launching issues, not connecting to the server online, etc.
It’s highly recommended to run the game as an administrator. To do so:
- Make sure to close the game properly. If running in the background, open Task Manager and end the task.
- Now, open File Explorer and go to the drive where you’ve installed the Escape from Tarkov game.
- The default installation path should be: C:/Battlestate Games/EFT (live)
- Right-click on the EscapefromTarkov.exe file > Select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab > Enable the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
2. Update your game
The chances are high that maybe your Escape from Tarkov game becomes outdated for a while because you haven’t updated it. If that’s the case, make sure to try updating the game properly. To do so:
- You’ll just need to open the Steam client on your PC.
- Now, click on Library > Click on Escape from Tarkov from the left-pane.
- Make sure to check for the Update button whether it’s available or not.
- If available, update it, and then you can hit Play to start the game.
3. Update Steam Launcher
Sometimes it may also possible that your Steam client isn’t up-to-date itself which can trigger several issues like game launching problems, game startup crashes, game not downloading the update, etc. So, just like the Escape from Tarkov game, you should try updating the Steam launcher as well. To do this:
- Ensure that your Steam client isn’t running in the background.
- To cross-check it, click on the System Tray icon, and right-click on the Steam icon.
- Click on Exit to close the task.
- Additionally, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager > Go to Processes > Click on EscapefromTarkov and select End Task to close it.
- Once done, open the Steam client on your PC.
- It’ll automatically check for available Steam updates and start installing (if any).
- Finally, your Steam launcher will open, and you’re good to go.
This method should resolve the ‘Anticheat connection failed’ error in Escape from Tarkov. If not fixed yet, follow another method.
4. Verify and Repair Game Files
Whether your game isn’t running or the anti-cheat program gets failed that may also indicate that there are some issues with the installed game files. By simply verifying and repairing the game files on your computer, you’ll ensure that there are no issues with the game files. To do that:
- Open the Steam client > Click on Library
- Right-click on Escape from Tarkov > Click on Properties
- Next, click on the Local Files tab > Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Let the process be completed and then restart the launcher to apply changes.
- Once done, you can run the game to check for the issue.
5. Disable Windows Firewall and Antivirus Program
Sometimes your Windows Firewall protection, as well as the Antivirus program, can prevent the game files from running properly if not whitelisted. So, it’s recommended to simply disable both the Firewall and the Antivirus program on your computer temporarily to run the game easily. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Go to Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A new window will open and you’ll need to click on Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once done, make sure to click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, reboot your computer to apply effects.
Similarly, you’ll need to turn off the Windows Security protection on your computer by following the steps below:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Update & Security > Select Windows Security from the left pane.
- Click on Open Windows Security > Go to Virus & threat protection.
- Next, click on Manage settings.
- Here turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to apply changes.
This method should fix the ‘Anticheat connection failed’ error in the Escape from Tarkov issue completely. However, if the problem persists, then try following the method below.
6. Update Device Drivers
It looks like whenever you can’t really understand what’s happening with your computer or the game then make sure to try updating all the possible device drivers on your PC to keep things under control.
Mostly the updating the graphics driver, networking driver, etc can fix several issues with the gaming. To do so, visit the respective Nvidia, or AMD, or Intel’s official website first. Then download and install the latest version of the graphics driver according to your graphics card model.
You can also try using any of the third-party driver updater software on your computer to check and update the missing or outdated device drivers easily. There are several popular and reliable software available online that you can use.
Please keep in mind that these third-party applications can cause data leaks or issues with your software in some cases.
7. Restart your Router/Modem
If you’re still receiving the ‘Anticheat server connection lost’ or ‘Anticheat connection failed’ error in Escape from Tarkov then make sure to cross-check your network connection properly. Either you can simply restart your Wi-Fi router/modem or even browse multiple websites or playing other online games to check for the issue.
8. Use a VPN
If your internet connection seems good enough then you can try using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service on your computer to cross-check whether you’re able to run your Escape from Tarkov game or not. Using a VPN can allow you to select a different region that can be helpful in so many ways.
There are several popular and reliable VPN services available that you can use either for free or using a subscription.
9. Reinstall Battle Eye
If none of the methods worked for you, try reinstalling the Battle Eye to resolve the ‘Anticheat connection failed’ error completely. To do this:
- Make sure to exit the Escape from Tarkov game properly and the launcher too.
- Now, go to the game installation folder > Delete both the BattleEye folder and Escape from Tarkov_BE application file.
- Open the Battlestate Games Launcher > Select Integrity check Escape from Tarkov.
- Wait for the process to complete > Once done, you can go back to the game’s installation folder.
- Open the BattleEye folder and double-click on the Install_BattleEye.bat file.
- Finally, you can launch the game to check for the issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment below.