Huawei has started rolling Android 9.0 Pie Open beta update for last year successive models like Huawei P10, P10 Plus, Huawei Mate 9, Mate 9 Pro, Honor 9 and more. The update brings the beautiful EMUI 9.0 Beta which comes with a lot of goodies along with Android Pie features. Currently, Open beta update is rolling for only the selected users under the beta channel. In case if you are not a beta tester, then you can install the update manually by following this guide given below.
As per the release statement by Huawei, This is an EMUI 9.0 open beta test (OBT) version (informal commercial version) that lets interested users experience new software features in advance, and give us feedback for improvement before the public release. Note that the OBT version is still in the development phase and problems or defects may exist. Make sure to back up your data before installing this update. Note: If your phone has been unlocked with the unlock code, information such as your HUAWEI ID and password may be at risk. After updating to EMUI 9.0, you will receive a prompt reminding you of this risk.
The new EMUI 9.0 brings many new features and improvements such as new User-interface, Nature’s sounds for alarms and ringtones, smart temperature control mechanism, and also upgrades the popular GPU Turbo to give seamless and comprehensive gaming experience.
How to Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie Open Beta Test?
To install, you must download the required firmware as per your build number. For example, if you are on VTR-L09C432, then you must download the same version starts with VTR-L09 and the build number should also contain C432 (for Europe). If any build number not in the list, then you need to wait for a couple of days to see the beta version with your variant number. We don’t recommend you to try the Open beta test.
If you have an unlocked bootloader and rooted? If yes! Great, here we go. If you didn’t unlock, then follow this guide to unlock bootloader on any Huawei device.
Steps to Install Android Pie Update:
Make sure to download the required tools, drivers and ROM before trying this method.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
- Supported Device: Huawei P10, P10 Plus, Mate 9, Honor 9 and More
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader on your device. Here is the guide to unlock the bootloader on any Huawei device.
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Beta Flashy Tool: Download Beta Flashy v0.2 [to flash using the first method]
- Required Drivers: Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
Method 1: Instructions:
- First, you need to download EMUI 9.0 Beta Flashy v0.2 and extract on your PC’
- Download the firmware and extract it inside the same flashing tool extracted area.
- You need to enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging on your device
- Once you have enabled OEM unlocking, now open the flashy tool and run the Flash.bat file inside it.
- This will now flash the EMUI 9.0
- Once it is done! Reboot your device and enjoy the Android Pie EMUI 9.0 beta.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed Android Pie.
Method 2: Instructions:
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
I hope this guide was helpful enough to flash the Android 9.0 Pie Open beta on Huawei devices.
Il metodo uno a me richiede i permessi di Root sul device!