FromSoftware and Bandai Namco Entertainment did release Elden Ring in February 2022 as an action co-op souls-like dark fantasy role-playing video game. The title is doing well regarding the graphics quality and gaming experience for the critics & players. But it seems that several unfortunate players are experiencing the ELDEN RING Long Load Times issue irrespective of the gaming device. This specific issue mostly appears while launching the game.
Now, if you’re one of the victims of such an issue, you should follow this troubleshooting guide completely to fix it. Sometimes installing the game on a hard disk may cause several performance-related issues while loading into the game interface or multiplayer sessions. The problem is that Elden Ring often takes a couple of minutes to load into the gaming, which frustrates players. Well, you don’t need to worry about it.
Elden Ring Best Graphics Settings for 3070, 3080, 3090, 1060, 1070, 2060, 2080, and More
Elden Ring Subtitles: How to Change Subtitles Language, Fonts, and Size
Steam Deck Elden Ring Crashing, Not Launching, and Other Fixes
Fix: Elden Ring Subtitles Out of Sync or Not Showing Up
Elden Ring Soft Caps For Each Stat and Attribute
Fix: Discord Doesn’t Work While Playing Elden Ring
What Is the Recommended Meta PvP Level in Elden Ring?
Elden Ring: All Dungeons Locations and Their Bosses
Elden Ring Tombsward Catacombs Entrance, Secret Room, Location and Boss
Elden Ring Best Starting Class For All Builds
Elden Ring Maiden Blood Location
- How to Fix ELDEN RING Long Load Times
- 1. Try Disconnecting and Reconnecting Internet
- 2. Power Cycle on your Wi-Fi Router
- 3. End High Memory Using Processes
- 4. Remove Junk or Temporary Files
- 5. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 6. Run Disk Cleanup
- 7. Run SFC
- 8. Clear ELDEN RING Game Data
- 9. Update System Software
- 10. Update ELDEN RING
- 11. Hard Reset your Console
How to Fix ELDEN RING Long Load Times
Plenty of affected Elden Ring players are claiming that they’re facing the same issue even after installing the game on SSD (Solid State Drive). Whereas it’s also possible that somehow issues with the outdated game version, corrupted or missing game files, issues with the outdated game client, system glitches, issues with the game data, internet-related issues, etc are one of the reasons behind the long loading time of the game.
Luckily, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that should help you to fix the specific issue. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Try Disconnecting and Reconnecting Internet
Make sure to disconnect and reconnect the internet on your PC to ensure there is no issue with the network at all. If your internet connection is poor or unstable then try using another network to check for the issue.
2. Power Cycle on your Wi-Fi Router
You should perform a power cycle on your Wi-Fi router to refresh the internet connection whatsoever. Sometimes issues with the network connectivity may cause multiple issues with the game launching or connecting to the game server. It’s better to turn off the router and unplug the power cable from it. Then wait for around 30 seconds and plug back the power cable in. Now, turn on the router then connect to the internet to check for the issue.
3. End High Memory Using Processes
It’s highly recommended to end the unnecessary background tasks which are consuming higher CPU or RAM resources. You can follow the steps below to close processes on the system.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on Processes and check which task is consuming higher resources.
- Just click on the particular process and select End Task to close it forcefully.
- Make sure to do the same steps for each third-party app process that is consuming higher resources.
- Once done, close Task Manager, and restart your PC.
4. Remove Junk or Temporary Files
It’s also recommended to remove the junk or temporary files from the computer manually by following the steps below. A huge amount of the temporary data on the system may cause several issues with the game launching or connecting to the server online in most cases. To do so:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open up the Run dialog box.
- Now, type %temp% in the field and hit Enter to open the Temporary folder.
- Press the Ctrl+A keys to select all temp files.
- Press the Shift+Delete keys and then click on Yes to permanently remove all temp files.
- If some temp files can’t get deleted, make sure to skip those files.
Just perform delete all for prefetch and recent too like the same way.
5. Verify and Repair Game Files
It’s also worth mentioning to verify and repair the installed game files on the PC so that the missing or corrupted game files can be fixed easily via the respective game launcher. To do so:
- Open Steam > Go to LIBRARY.
- Right-click on Elden Ring from the left pane.
- Select Properties > Go to LOCAL FILES.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files > Wait for the process to be completed.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
6. Run Disk Cleanup
As the name suggests, disk cleanup is a built-in feature on the Windows system to automatically defragment and clean disk storage whatever isn’t necessary. It’ll also allow you to choose to delete temporary files and other unnecessary data from the storage to increase the free storage space whatsoever. You can check this full-depth guide.
7. Run SFC
You should run the system file checker scan on your Windows computer to check for any kind of possible or corrupted system files and restore them. To do so:
- Click on the Start Menu and type cmd.
- Now, right-click on Command Prompt from the search result.
- Select Run as administrator > If prompted, click on Yes to give admin privileges.
- CMD window will open now > Type the following command line and hit Enter to run it:
- Wait for the process to complete it.
- Once done, just restart your PC to change effects immediately.
8. Clear ELDEN RING Game Data
It seems that deleting the installed game-saved data on the console can also fix several issues with the game launching or gameplay. You should try performing this method to check for the issue.
- First, quit the ELDEN RING game > Select My games & apps.
- Select See all > Make sure to highlight the ELDEN RING game.
- Select Manage game and add-ons > Go down to Saved data.
- Choose the Delete all button > Wait for it to complete.
- Finally, relaunch the ELDEN RING game to check for the issue.
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose either System Storage or Online Storage or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Select the ELDEN RING game > Checkmark the files that you want to delete or just Select All.
- Finally, select Delete > Select OK to confirm the task.
- Once done, reboot your console to check for the issue again.
9. Update System Software
We’ll recommend you check for system updates on the PlayStation or Xbox console or even on PC to ensure there is no problem happening due to the system. Plenty of affected players did fix the ELDEN RING Long Load Times issue by updating the system software.
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select System Software Update > Make sure to check for available updates and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
- Press the Home button on the Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Select Settings from the bottom of the menu > Choose to All Settings.
- Choose to System > Select Updates.
- Select Update Console > Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update process.
- Once done, make sure to restart the console to apply changes.
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
10. Update ELDEN RING
If in case, you haven’t updated your ELDEN RING game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest version. To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on ELDEN RING from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to ELDEN RING and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure to turn on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S gaming console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the menu.
- Now, scroll down to the right > Select ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down until you see ‘Updates & downloads’.
- From the next page, select ‘Keep my console up to date’ and ‘Keep my games & games up to date’ to enable the checkbox.
11. Hard Reset your Console
In most cases, performing the hard reset of your console can fix system glitches or cache data issues from the game itself. To do so:
- Go to Guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Then go to Profile & System > Select Settings.
- Choose System > Select Console Info.
- Select Reset > If prompted, confirm the task to proceed.
- Wait for the console to reset completely.
- Once done, make sure to sign in to your Xbox account.
- Finally, install the ELDEN RING game properly, and then check for the crashing issue.
- Switch off your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console first.
- Once the console is turned off, press and hold the Power button on the console until you hear two beep sounds within a couple of seconds.
- Here you’ll see two reset options to choose from.
- Select the necessary option to reset your PlayStation console.
- Wait for the process to complete and then make sure to sign in to the PlayStation account.
- Finally, install the ELDEN RING game, and try running to check if it still taking long load times or not.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.