In this tutorial, we will show you the steps to fix the YouTube comments not showing up issues in Google Chrome. Many users across the Google Support forum as well as Reddit have shared their concern regarding this error. While they can stream videos without any issue but when it comes to loading comments, Chrome seems to take forever to load them. There could be a few reasons as to why users are facing this error.
To begin with, it might be an issue with Chrome’s browser data, cache, or cookies. Along the same lines, an adblocker might also conflict with the proper loading of the page. In some cases, VPN services might also spell out trouble for you as well. So in this guide, we will show you the steps to deal with the above issues and hence fix the YouTube comments not showing up issues in Google Chrome. Follow along for the instructions.
How Can I Turn Off Built-in Password Manager in My Browser
Fix: Samsung Smart TV YouTube Not Loading or Working
How to Watch Deleted YouTube Videos
Youtube Shorts Time Limit 2022
How to Find Contact, Email or Social Media Details of a Video Creator on Youtube
YouTube Search Results Not Showing Up, How to Fix?
Fix: HiSense TV Youtube Not Working / Not Supported Error
Fix: Samsung Smart TV Youtube Lags, Freezing or Loading Slow
Fix: YouTube TV channels or shows restarting or jumping backward
YouTube “Show transcript” Is Not Showing Up or Missing
Fix: YouTube comments not showing up in Google Chrome
There isn’t any universal fix for this issue. Try all the below-mentioned workarounds until you can rectify this issue.
Fix 1: Open YouTube in Incognito Mode
To begin with, we would suggest you open YouTube in Chrome’s Incognito Mode. This will block cookies and other third-party scripts from loading and hence is most likely to fix this issue as well. So use the Ctrl+Shift+N shortcut key combinations to open a new Incognito Mode. Then launch YouTube and see if the comments are now loading in the Google Chrome browser. If you’re still facing this issue, then here are some tweaks that you could try out.
Fix 2: Disable Adblocker
Many users prefer to stream YouTube videos in an ad-free environment, and hence they opt for an adblocker. However, in some instances, an ad-blocker extension might cause an issue or two while loading a few sections of the webpage. Hence you could try disabling the ad-blocker in Chrome. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Open the Chrome browser and click on the overflow icon situated at the top right.
- Then go to More Tools > Extensions
- Finally, disable the ad blocker extension. Now launch YouTube in a new tab and see if the comments are loading or not.
- If you are still facing the issue, then go back to the Extension page and disable all the extensions.
- Now again open YouTube and if the comments not showing issues has been fixed, then re-enable Google Chrome extensions one by one until you are able to identify the culprit. Keep that extension disabled or remove it from your browser altogether.
Fix 3: Clear Chrome Data
You could also try clearing all the browser’s cache, cookies, and data. If a lot of temporary data and caches get accumulated over time, then it might cause some issues with the proper loading of the websites. Along the same lines, if the app’s data gets corrupted, then some issues are bound to happen. So the best bet is to clear all these data, as follows:
- Open the Chrome browser on your PC and click on the overflow icon present at the top right.
- Go to More Tools > Clear Browsing Data. You could also use the Ctrl+Shift+Del shortcut keys inside the Chrome browser to open this section.
- Now go to the Advanced tab and select ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’.
- Finally, hit the Clear Data button and wait for the process to finish.
- Once done, restart the browser. Open YouTube in Chrome and check if the comments not showing up issue has been rectified or not.
Fix 4: Reset Chrome
Even after deleting cookies and cache, you are still facing the issue, then you might have to reset the browser. Doing so will bring the browser to its default state and will reset the pin tabs and search engines, along with disabling all the extensions. However, it might be able to rectify the concerning issues as well.
- So go ahead and launch the Chrome browser.
- Click on the overflow icon situated at the top right and select Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom until you reach the Advanced section.
- Then go to the Reset and Cleanup section and click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings option in the dialog box that appears.
- Now restart the Chrome browser and load YouTube, check if the comments are now showing or not.
Fix 5: Turn off Proxy Connections via Chrome
You might be using a proxy server to bypass some restrictions, but in some cases, it might end up doing more harm than good. So while streaming YouTube, you could try disabling the Proxy Connections using the option baked inside the browser. Follow the below steps for that:
- Launch Chrome browser, type in the below location in the address bar, and hit Enter
- Scroll to the Advanced section and click on ‘Open your computer’s proxy settings’ under the System menu.
- Go to the Manual proxy Server section and disable the Use a proxy server toggle.
- Once that is done, head back to the browser and open YouTube, the issue might be rectified by now.
With this, we conclude this guide on how to fix the YouTube comments not showing up issues in Google Chrome. We have shared five different methods in this regard. Do let us know in the comments which among them gave out desirable results in your case. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.