Finally, Huawei released the official Android 8.0 Oreo update for Huawei P9. The update is currently available as an OTA for devices running Stock ROM without Root. The update brings latest Emotion UI 8.0 and brings many new features from Android 8.0 Oreo. Now install Huawei P9 Android 8.0 Oreo Update via our guide.
Talking about the specifications, Huawei P9 features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 955 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Huawei P9 comes with 20MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging: 44% in 30 min. It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back.
Now you can install Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei P9. With this Huawei P9 Android 8.0 Oreo Update, Huawei has added the latest feature from Android 8.0 Oreo such as refreshed UI and design, New app notifications, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
How to Check Android 8.0 Oreo Update on Huawei P9
Here you can download and install Android 8.0 Oreo for Huawei P9. The update has started rolling, more region will come soon. To check for the official OTA update, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
If you are still waiting for the Huawei P9 Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update, then you can check the OTA manually. Follow our below guide which can see if you have any OTA on your phone. Before that make sure you are running Official Stock ROM without root or mods installed. If you are rooted, then first you need to unroot your phone.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei P9. In case if you find the Huawei P9 Android 8.0 Oreo build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup before any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei P9, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei P9 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.Check Popular Post
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
Download Firmware Here
184.108.40.2061 Firmware Package Update Post
Steps to Install Huawei P9 Android 8.0 Oreo
Before installing, make sure to download the required Android 8.0 Oreo Stock ROM and other tools and drivers. Follow the pre-requisite:
- This Update is only for Huawei P9 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure to Download Huawei USB drivers and installed it on your PC.
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Instructions to Install:
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
- Huawei P9 Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Huawei P9
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- A guide to fix Bootloop Issue Caused by an Incompatible Xposed Module
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device