The all-new iOS 16.5 update is now available for Apple products. You will get many new features, more security, and changes through this version. After updating your iPhone to iOS 16.5, you will get Apple Music Sing, Advanced Data Protection, Freeform App, Two New Lock Screen Widgets, New Always-On Display Options, and many more. However, many users have reported that they cannot install the iOS 16.5 updates on their iPhones.
If you have also tried to update your iPhone but are facing the same problem, this guide is for you. In this guide, we have shared different methods by which you can fix this issue and can update your iPhone to iOS 16.5.
Fix: After iOS 16 Update, Assistive Touch Not Working on iPhone
iOS 16.5 Causing Battery Drain On Apple Watch: How To Fix?
iOS 17 Release Date, Features, and Supported Devices
Fix: iOS 16 Cannot Add Security Keys Error
Fix: iOS 16.5 Spotlight Search Is Too Slow
How to Fix If iOS 16 iMessage Not Working
Is It Safe To Download iOS 17 Beta Profiles From Third-Party Website?
What Does SOS Only Mean on iPhone and How to Fix It?
- Why can’t I install iOS 16.5 on my iPhone?
- How to Fix if iOS 16.5 Update Not Installing Issue on my iPhone
Why can’t I install iOS 16.5 on my iPhone?
You cannot install iOS 16.5 on your iPhone for many reasons. A few reasons are mentioned below:
- Due to poor internet connection.
- Not having much space on your iPhone to download the iOS 16.5 update.
- Not having a compatible device.
How to Fix if iOS 16.5 Update Not Installing Issue on my iPhone
We have listed some of the methods you must follow to resolve the not installing issue on your iPhone.
1. Make sure that the iPhone is compatible
To solve the issue, you can first check that your iPhone is compatible with iOS 16.5. There are a lot of users who are trying to update to iOS 16.5, even if their iPhone is not compatible. We have listed out the iPhone models on which you can update to iOS 16.5 are:
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 11 series
- iPhone 12 series
- iPhone 13 Series
- iPhone 14 series
2. Your iPhone has over 50% battery
Checking your iPhone battery can help you in resolving the not installing issue. To install the iOS update on your device, your iPhone should have over 50% battery. If it is less than 50%, plug in your charger and charge it. Once your iPhone battery is over 50%, check whether you can install iOS 16.5 update or not.
3. Check the Internet Connection
To install the iOS update, you should have a stable internet connection. You can check your internet speed by using an internet speed tester. If your internet speed is not good, then first solve it and then try installing the update. To fix your internet connection, you can try the Airplane mode trick. For this, follow the given steps:
- Open the Settings of your iPhone.
- Turn the Airplane mode on.
- Please turn it off after a few seconds.
- Let the device connect to the network again. Now, check whether you can install the update or not.
4. Turn off the VPN
Another way by which you can resolve the issue is by turning off the VPN. If VPN is installed and enabled on your iPhone, turn it off. There is not any specific method to permanently disable the VPN. But to do so, you need to delete the VPN configuration profile. For this, you have to follow the steps given below:
- Go to Settings.
- Go to General.
- Click on VPN & Device Management.
- If you have installed more than one VPN configuration, select any one.
- Click (i) available next to the VPN name to delete the VPN.
- Now, click delete VPN, to confirm that you want to delete that VPN profile.
- After doing this, check whether you are now able to install the update or not.
5. Restart the device
The next method by which you can resolve the issue is by restarting the device. It helps in fixing every minor issue. When you restart your device, the programs that are running unnecessarily will get closed and the issue will be solved.
6. Try after some time
If you have tried the above method and still cannot install the update, then wait for some time and try installing again later. Sometimes, Apple’s server is down, so wait for some time and then install the update.
7. Force Quit
To resolve the issue, you can try to force quit the settings app. For this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Swipe up from the button of the screen. You will be able to see all the open apps.
- Now, swipe up or down the settings app to force quit it.
- After some time, re-open the settings app and try installing the update.
8. Re-download the updated file
If you are unable to install the update by following all the steps, try redownloading the updated file. For this, you must first delete the downloaded file and then download it again. To delete the file, follow the given steps:
- Open the Settings on your iPhone.
- Click on General.
- Now, go to iPhone storage.
- Now, please search for the iOS 16 file and then click on it.
- After that, click on Delete Update to delete the file.
After deleting the file, you have to re-download the update. For re-downloading, follow the given steps:
- Open the settings on your iPhone.
- Click on General.
- Select Software Update.
- Now, download and install the latest iOS.
Many users are unable to install iOS 16.5 updates on their iPhones. If you are also not able to install the update, then make sure you follow all the mentioned methods to fix this. For more guides on iPhones/iPads, do visit our website.