Minecraft is a fun gaming experience for millions of people, but it’s not so fun anymore if the sound doesn’t work. Many users are facing an issue of Minecraft no sound issue on PC, which is quite frustrating. If you are also facing the no sound issue on Minecraft, you are in the right place. Today, you will learn how to fix if you Minecraft no sound issue on PC.
Talking about Minecraft, Mojang studios improve the gameplay a lot since its launch. Minecraft allows you to create, survive, and explore alone or with friends on Windows 10 or mobile devices that make this game different from its competitor. The sound issues with Minecraft are possible due to multiple reasons, and today we will cover those.
- How to Fix If Minecraft No Sound Issue On PC
- Fix 1: Check Software Sound Output
- Fix 2: Update Your Audio Driver to fix the Minecraft no sound issue on PC
- Fix 3: Update the Sound driver via device manager.
- Fix 4: Try the Key Combination (F3 + S or F3 + T)
- Fix 5: Alter the Mipmap Levels Option in the Settings
- Fix 5: Change the Sound Settings of Your Windows System
- Fix 6: Reinstall Minecraft to fix the Minecraft no sound issue on PC
How to Fix If Minecraft No Sound Issue On PC
Without spoiling more time, let’s directly jump into several fixes that we have for you so that you can able to fix the Minecraft no sound issue quickly on PC. You can follow the fixes given below.
Make sure that the speaker of your Laptop or PC is working correctly. Sometimes the issues lie where the speaker is not functioning properly while Minecraft is. So run a YouTube video and see whether the speakers are functioning properly.
Fix 1: Check Software Sound Output
- First of all, play a song on your computer so that you check if you muted your PC or not. If you cannot hear the music clearly, then move your mouse cursor towards the notification area at the lower-right corner of the window.
- Right-click on the Volume icon and then open the Volume Mixer.
- Now, use your mouse to hold and drag the slider situated inside Minecraft turn up its volume (as described in the picture above).
Well, if you still can’t hear the Sound in Minecraft, then follow the steps mentioned below to check the audio settings of Minecraft.
- Initially, open the Minecraft application on your PC and click on the options.
- After that, click on the Music & Sound to view Minecraft’s in-game audio settings.
- In the next window, you need to make that all the audio-related settings are set to their maximum capacity (100%). Then, tap on the Done button to save the changes you made
- At last, run the Minecraft on your PC again to check if the no sound issue was resolve or not. If it persists, then follow the next solution.
Fix 2: Update Your Audio Driver to fix the Minecraft no sound issue on PC
Generally, a missing or an outdated audio driver in your Windows 10 PC causes no sound issue on most of the game and applications. So, you need to make sure that your sound drivers are up to date. Meanwhile, there are two methods available to update your drivers, i.e., manually and automatically.
For Manually updating your audio driver, you need to first go to your audio card’s official website and find the latest version of the driver available for you and download it.
Please wait until the driver is downloaded, and then install it on your PC. Now, once the installation is completed, restart your PC.
Fix 3: Update the Sound driver via device manager.
If you want directly to update your audio driver without heading towards your driver’s website, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, search for the device manager in your Cortana search bar and click on the Device Manager from the search result.
- After that, you need to choose a category to see the names of devices, then right-click your audio device to update it.
- Now, choose the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Then, select the Update driver option from the drop-down menu.
Need to update your audio driver Automatically? There are various third-party options available for you that can automatically update your audio driver. So, you can easily opt for any third-party application such as Driver finder, driver easy, Driverfix, etc.
Fix 4: Try the Key Combination (F3 + S or F3 + T)
Force reload the game by pressing F3 and S simultaneously on your keyboard to force reload the game. However, if F3 + S key combination doesn’t work for you, you may try pressing F3 and T simultaneously.
Many players reported that pressing the key combination as mentioned resolved their Minecraft no sound issue. After pressing the key combination, you need to wait for a while and then check the in-game Sound. If it persists, then you need not worry; we have solutions for you.
Fix 5: Alter the Mipmap Levels Option in the Settings
If you are using Minecraft Java Edition, you may try changing the Mipmap Levels option found inside the video settings.
- The first and foremost step is to open the Minecraft and directly move towards the Options menu.
- Now, in the next window, select the option Video Settings.
- Then, it would be best if you moved the slider of Mimap Levels. After that, click on the Done button to save the changes you made.
- Now, see if the no sound issue is resolved or not.
Fix 5: Change the Sound Settings of Your Windows System
- First of all, move your mouse cursor towards the notification area located at the window’s lower-right corner.
- Now, right-click on the Volume icon and then open the Sound.
- After that, click on the Playback tab and select your default playback device.
- Then, click on the configure option at the lower-left corner.
- Now, select the Stereo option located inside the configure menu under the Audio channels and click on the Next button.
- Then, checkmark the box found next to the front left and right. Then hit the next button to proceed further.
- At last, click on the Finish button to save the changes you made in the settings.
Fix 6: Reinstall Minecraft to fix the Minecraft no sound issue on PC
We recommend you follow this fix only if any of the fixes mentioned above work for you. There are two methods for downloading Minecraft on your PC, which are as follows.
If you Download the Minecraft From Microsoft Store
- Search for Minecraft in the search bar, and from the result, right-click on the Minecraft application, and select the option Uninstall to uninstall it from your PC from the drop-down menu.
- Then, open the Microsoft store and download the Minecraft application to reinstall it on your PC.
If you Download the Minecraft Java Edition From its Official Website
- First of all, open the control panel and uninstall the Minecraft software from the uninstall a program tab.
- Now, hover over to the official website of Minecraft and download the Minecraft application.
- Please wait until it gets downloaded, then open the downloaded file on your PC to install it.
That’s it. Now launch the Minecraft application once it gets installed to see if the no sound issue is resolved or not.
Minecraft is a fun game, but without working sound effects, it is not so fun experience. Above are some working methods to fix the Minecraft no sound issue you can use to troubleshoot the problem.