Motorola Moto G4 / G4 Plus launched in May 2016. Finally, here is the big update. Here we will guide you on how to download and install Android 9.0 Pie Update for Moto G4 / G4 Plus.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
When will Motorola release Android 9.0 Pie update for Moto G4 / G4 Plus?
Motorola will not support Android 9.0 Pie for this device, but you can try the custom ROM once the developer build from the Android Pie source code. The developers are working currently to get beta build of Android 9.0 Pie for this device. As soon as the developer release the initial build, we will share it here. Motorola will roll the Pie update for their new device Moto Z3 and Moto Z3 Play.
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Moto G4 / G4 Plus with Android 8.1 Oreo
- List of Best Custom ROM for Moto G4 and G4 Plus (athene)
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Moto G4 / G4 Plus (athene) (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 And Moto G4 / G4 Plus
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie Update for Moto G4 / G4 Plus?
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie Update for Moto G4 / G4 Plus.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Motorola Moto G4 / G4 Plus.
- Supported on Motorola Moto G4 / G4 Plus (athene)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- Your device must be bootloader unlocked.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Motorola Moto G4 / G4 Plus.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie Update for Moto G4 / G4 Plus :
Build Name Developer Lineage OS 16 for Moto G4 / G4 Plus The porting of this ROM got failed due to lack of developer knowledge. Stay tuned
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install:
- Move the download Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie Update on Motorola Moto G4 / G4 Plus .
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Motorola Moto G4 / G4 Plus :
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install Magisk root on your phone.
If you don’t want Magisk rooting guide, then you can try SuperSU Root on Android Pie ROM.
Hope this guide was helpful to install Android 9.0 Pie Update for Moto G4 / G4 Plus.