Motorola Moto G5S Plus (codename: sanders) launched in August 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat and later upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. Recently the company rolled Android 8.1 Oreo for Moto G5S Plus. If you are waiting for Official Android 9.0 Pie Update for Moto G5S Plus? Then your wait will be eternal. Currently, this device has stopped receiving the new OS update. If you want to try custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie AOSP? then you are in the right place.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
When will Motorola release Android 9.0 Pie Update for Moto G5S Plus?
Well, Just like you, we also expect Motorola to release the Android 9.0 Pie on Moto G5S Plus device. So far Motorola has done a great thing. Few days back, We shared the leaks of Android 8.1 Oreo for Moto G5S Plus. Motorola hasn’t released any statements about the Android 9.0 Pie update for Moto G5S Plus yet!. Motorola will roll the Pie update for their new device Moto Z3 and Moto Z3 Play. So maybe before the end of this year, Motorola will roll the update for Moto G5S Plus.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.Watch The Android 9.0 Pie Features
Check out the Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie Update for Moto G5S Plus (sanders)?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Motorola Moto G5S Plus (sanders).
- Supported on Motorola Moto G5S Plus
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- First of all, enable OEM unlock on Moto G5S Plus.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Motorola Moto G5S Plus.
- Download Android 9.0 Pie: Here. [Thanks to the Ground Zero Rom’s]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps Package
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install on Motorola Moto G5S Plus:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Motorola Moto G5S Plus.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Motorola Moto G5S Plus:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update for Moto G5S Plus.