EA App is an online digital distribution platform for buying and playing video games. In 2014, EA published The Sims 4, available on both the EA App and Steam platform. There is no game available in the market that has no issues, so The Sims 4 game. Several players are having issues with the game missing from the EA App library, which is frustrating. So, if you’re also one of the victims and want to Fix The Sims 4 Game Disappeared From EA App Library issue, check out this troubleshooting guide.
Here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that will greatly help you. Although these methods may not work for everyone, you should try at least to check if this works for you. According to multiple reports on the EA Forum, many affected players cannot play Sims 4 because the game has disappeared from the EA AppLibrary for unknown reasons. Meanwhile, some players have also tried launching The Sims 4 game directly on their PCs, but it asks for the game code, which has already been used.
Fix: My Sims 4 Game Disappeared From EA App Library
Specifically, the problem is related to “The game no longer shows up in EA App”. Now, if you can’t figure out why this particular issue is happening to you without doing anything, then don’t worry. You need to follow the mentioned methods to try fixing the game disappearing issue completely.
1. Restart EA App
Maybe your EA App is somehow having issues with the system, which can be easily fixed by simply exiting the client and restarting it. A temporary glitch or cache mostly cause such kind of issues. To do that:
- Close the game first, then click on the Exit (cross icon) at the top right corner.
- Once closed, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Look for the background running EA App task under the Processes section.
- Simply click on it to select and click on the End Task button from the bottom right side.
- Finally, restart your PC once, then rerun the EA App to check for the issue.
If, in case, the game isn’t available in the EA library, try another method.
2. Sign Out and In Your Account
There is nothing new about having some issues with the online game client. So, affected players mostly fix their issues by just signing out from their account on EA App and signing back into it. In most scenarios, this simple trick can also come in handy. So, you’ll need to:
- Make sure to sign out from your account on the EA App client.
- Once done, reboot your PC and open the EA App again.
- Now, Sign In to your account again to check whether The Sims 4 is showing in the Library.
Note: Try signing into your account via email address instead of your username on the second attempt if the first attempt doesn’t work. Usually, it’s recommended to use the same email address which has been used to register the game primarily.
3. Power Cycle Your Router
No need to mention that when a simple restart doesn’t work in many cases for gaming devices and networking devices (Wi-Fi routers), the power cycle method does the job very easily. It refreshes the networking glitch or any temporary cache from the system, which may greatly trouble you in several scenarios. Once your gaming or networking device gets refreshed from its cache, some errors or issues get fixed. To do that:
- Make sure to power off your Wi-Fi router.
- Once completely turned off, disconnect the power cable from the router and power source.
- Next, you must wait around 5 minutes > Connect the power cable again.
- Finally, power on the Wi-Fi router > Connect to the Wi-Fi network and check for the issue.
However, try another workaround below if that doesn’t work for you.
4. Check If the game is Hidden or Not
Make sure that The Sims 4 game isn’t hidden by mistake. Sometimes EA App users can accidentally hide installed games. To check it:
- Select the Filter mode for Hidden Games on your EA App.
- Now, check whether The Sims 4 game is hidden or not.
- If the game is there, right-click on it and select Unhide.
5. Reinstall EA App
If none of the methods worked for you, try uninstalling and reinstalling the EA App client on your PC. Though this method may not be suitable for everyone, we’ll recommend you to try it at least once to ensure that whether it’s working for you or not. By reinstalling the game client, you can bring back your already installed game from its missing status. To do that:
- Click on the Start menu > Type Control Panel and click on it from the search result.
- Next, go to Uninstall a program > Search for the EA App.
- Right-click on the EA App from the list and select Uninstall.
- If prompted, confirm the task and complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, restart your PC > Go to the EA website and download the latest version of the client.
- Install the EA App on your PC > Launch the EA App.
- Sign in to your account > Go to My Game Library and download The Sims 4 game again.
If the game is completely ready to run again, that means there was an issue with your previously installed EA App. However, if the same problem persists, you should contact EA Help for further assistance. If they ask for proper info, you should submit all the required info like purchased/registered email address, maybe game purchase transaction details, etc whatever possible.
That’s it for now. We assume this guide was useful to you. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.