EA Origin is an online digital distribution platform for buying and playing video games. In 2014, EA has published The Sims 4 which is available on both the Origin and Steam platform. There is no game available in the market that doesn’t have any kind of issues and so The Sims 4 game. Several players are having issues with the game missing from the Origin library which is frustrating a lot. So, if you’re also one of the victims and want to Fix The Sims 4 Game Disappeared From EA Origin Library issue then check out this troubleshooting guide.
Here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that should gonna help you a lot. Although these methods may not work for everyone out there, you should try at least to check if this works for you or not. According to multiple reports on the EA Forum, plenty of affected players are unable to play Sims 4 because the game becomes disappeared from the Origin Library for some unknown reasons. Meanwhile, some of the players have also tried launching The Sims 4 game directly on their PCs but it asks for the game code which has been already used before, obviously.
Fix: The Sims 4 Stuck on Loading Screen
Fix: The Sims ‘One or more online services is currently offline’ Error
The Sims 5 Release Date: PS4, PS5, Xbox, PC, Switch
Fix: The Sims 4 Low FPS Drops on PC | Increase Performance
How to Fix The Sims 4 Black Screen After Startup
How to Get Sims 4 Free Real Estate Cheat (Free Houses Cheat Code)
Sims 4 Not Working After Update, How to Fix?
Fix: My Sims 4 Game Disappeared From EA Origin Library
To be very specific, the problem is related to “The game no longer shows up in Origin”. Now, if you can’t figure out why this particular issue is happening to you without doing anything, then don’t worry. You just need to follow the mentioned methods to try fixing the game disappearing issue completely.
1. Restart Origin Client
It seems that maybe your Origin client is having issues with the system somehow which can be easily fixed by simply exiting the client and then restarting it. A temporary glitch or cache mostly cause such kind of issues. To do that:
- Close the game first and then click on the Exit (cross icon) at the top right corner.
- Once closed, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, look for the background running Origin task under the Processes section.
- Simply click on it to select and click on the End Task button from the bottom right side.
- Finally, restart your PC once and then run the EA Origin client again to check for the issue.
If in case, the game isn’t available in the Origin library, try another method.
2. Sign Out and In Your Account
Well, there is nothing new to have some issues with the online game client. So, affected players mostly fix their issues by just signing out from their account on Origin and signing back into it. In most scenarios, this simple trick can also come in handy. So, you’ll need to:
- Make sure to sign out from your account on the Origin client.
- Once done, reboot your PC and open the Origin client again.
- Now, Sign In to your account again to check whether The Sims 4 is showing in the Library or not.
Note: Try signing into your account via email address instead of your username in the second attempt if the first attempt doesn’t work. Usually, it’s recommended to use the same email address which has been used to register the game primarily.
3. Power Cycle Your Router
No need to mention that when a simple restart doesn’t work in many cases for the gaming devices as well as the networking devices (Wi-Fi Router), the power cycle method does the job very easily. It basically refreshes the networking glitch or any kind of temporary cache from the system which may trouble you a lot in several scenarios. Once your gaming device or networking device gets refreshed from its cache, some of the errors or issues get fixed. To do that:
- Make sure to power off your Wi-Fi router.
- Once completely turned off, disconnect the power cable from the router and power source too.
- Next, you’ll need to wait for around 5 minutes > Connect the power cable again.
- Finally, power on the Wi-Fi router > Connect to the Wi-Fi network and check for the issue.
However, if that doesn’t work for you, try another workaround below.
4. Check If the game is Hidden or Not
Make sure that The Sims 4 game isn’t hidden by mistake. Sometimes Origin client users can accidentally hide installed games. To check it:
- Select the Filter mode for Hidden Games on your Origin client.
- Now, check whether The Sims 4 game is hidden or not.
- If the game is there, right-click on it and select Unhide.
5. Reinstall Origin
If none of the methods worked for you, try simply uninstalling and reinstalling the Origin client on your PC. Though this method may not be suitable for everyone, we’ll recommend you to try it at least once to ensure that whether it’s working for you or not. By reinstalling the game client, you’ll be able to bring back your already installed game from its missing status. To do that:
- Click on the Start menu > Type Control Panel and click on it from the search result.
- Next, go to Uninstall a program > Search for the Origin client.
- Right-click on the Origin from the list and select Uninstall.
- If prompted, confirm the task and complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, restart your PC > Go to the EA Origin website and download the latest version of the client.
- Now, install the Origin client on your PC > Launch the Origin client.
- Sign in to your account > Go to My Game Library and download The Sims 4 game again.
If the game is completely ready to run again, that means there was an issue with your previously installed Origin client. However, if the same problem persists, you should contact EA Help for further assistance. If they ask for proper info, you should submit all the required info like purchased/registered email address, maybe game purchase transaction details, etc whatever possible.
That’s it for now. We assume this guide was useful to you. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.