Overwatch 2 is one of the most popular first-person shooter video games in 2022 by Blizzard Entertainment which is a sequel to Overwatch (2016) hero shooter. It includes a shared environment for PvP modes with cooperative modes that also brings multiple issues or bugs whatsoever that we can’t deny. Meanwhile, several players are encountering the Overwatch 2 applying update stuck error on the PC while trying to launch the game quite often.
It becomes so much frustrating among unfortunate players that should be fixed by the developers soon. As per multiple reports, so many Overwatch 2 players are stuck on the update applying screen which also occurs while trying to level up the new season battle pass. Though sometimes devs can go with the maintenance process while the applying update screen is stuck, ongoing maintenance won’t happen all the time but players still getting affected.
Fix: Overwatch 2 applying update stuck error
Meanwhile, the Battle.net launcher may still be running on the PC and players are experiencing a specific error message during getting into Overwatch 2. It basically makes the game unplayable to the unfortunate players. Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below that should come in handy. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check for the Server Maintenance
First of all, you should keep retrying to load the game as well as stay updated with the server downtime or maintenance by visiting the @PlayOverwatch Twitter account. If there is an issue with the server or the server outage is going on, you should wait for a couple of hours to get everything back on track.
2. Restart your Game and PC
Make sure to reboot the Overwatch 2 game as well as the system manually to ensure there is no issue with the temporary glitch. Although this method might not work for everyone, you should try it out.
3. Check Your Internet Connection
You should check the internet connection at your end to ensure there is no issue with the networking glitch. If there is an issue with the network connection due to slow speed or instability then you might need to fix it. You can switch from the wired to a wireless network or vice versa to ensure no glitches. Additionally, you can try rebooting the Wi-Fi router manually to clear out temporary glitches.
4. Check for the Overwatch 2 Update
An outdated game version might trigger multiple issues with the game launching or connecting to the game servers. You should always check for the game update manually by following the steps below on your PC to fix several issues.
- Open the Battle.net launcher app on your PC.
- Click on the Overwatch 2 game.
- Next, click on the Settings menu (cogwheel icon) > Select Check for Updates.
- Wait for the update process to be completed.
- If there is an update available, you should download and install the update.
5. Verify and Repair Game Files
In some cases, missing or corrupted game files on the PC might trouble you a lot when it comes to the game launching as well as getting into the matchmaking sessions. So, you can try verifying and repairing the game files via the launcher by following the steps below.
- Launch the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Click on Overwatch 2 > Now, click on the Settings menu (cogwheel icon).
- Select Scan and Repair > Click on Begin Scan.
- Wait for the repair process to complete.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall Overwatch 2
You can try reinstalling the Overwatch 2 game on the PC to check if that helps you to fix the applying update stuck error. Though this method isn’t a complete solution, you should follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the game.
- Open the Battle.net desktop app on the PC.
- Click on the Overwatch 2 game icon that you want to uninstall.
- Select the drop-down arrow next to the game > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, confirm to delete the game.
- Wait for it to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, launch the Battle.net client, and Install the Overwatch 2 game.
7. Contact Blizzard Customer Support
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to contact Blizzard Customer Support here to create a ticket for a better resolution. The chances are high that submitting the problem will help developers to investigate the issue deeply.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.