In this tutorial, we will show you how to run Samsung Galaxy apps on your PC. Quite a lot of users might be working from home as of now. In that case, you might have to constantly switch between your PC and smartphone. This might prove to be quite a tough task in juggling between both these devices. However, you could easily deal with this issue. There is a pretty handy functionality built into your Windows PC that you could make full use of.
Named as “Your Phone Companion”, this app allows you to run all your preferred Galaxy apps directly onto your PC. Apart from that, you could also sync your documents, pictures, and other files between your PC and Samsung devices. Likewise, you could also mirror your phone’s screen, view notifications, transfer files and media, and even respond to messages and calls right from your PC itself. On that note, this tutorial will outline all the necessary steps to run your preferred Samsung Galaxy apps on your PC. Follow along.
Download Dolby Audio Driver for Windows 11/10/8.1
How To Fix External Hard Drive I/O Device Error in Windows 11/10
Fix: Win+Shift+S Not Working on Windows 11/10
How to Fix Delayed Notifications on Any Samsung Galaxy Phones
Fix: Samsung Phone Not Showing 5G Network
Fix: Samsung Secure Folder Not Working After Update
Fix: Samsung Galaxy Phone File Transfer Not Working Issue
Samsung Phone Not Detecting Sim Card, How to Fix?
How to Run Samsung Galaxy Apps on Your PC
To begin with, make sure your PC is running the Windows 10 version 1809 or later. Along the same lines, your device should also belong to the compatibility list. Furthermore, you should have a Microsoft account added to your PC. Lastly, your Samsung device as well as your PC should be connected to the same wireless network. Once all the above requirements are satisfied, you could then proceed with the steps to run Samsung Galaxy apps on your PC.
STEP 1: Link your Galaxy Device to Windows
- On your PC, head over to the Link Phone website and click on Open your Phone. It will display a QR code.
- At this point, head over to the Quick settings panel on your Samsung Galaxy device. There you should see the Link to Windows option, tap on it.
- Now scan the QR Code that you have opened on your PC, via your mobile device. This will sign in your Galaxy device with the same Microsoft Account that is on your PC.
- You should then get a notification on your device regarding Link your Phone and PC. Tap on Continue.
- Likewise, you will also have to grant the necessary permissions that it asks for. Then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup.
With this, you have successfully linked your Galaxy device to your PC. You may now proceed ahead to run Samsung Galaxy apps on your PC using the below-mentioned instructions.
STEP 2: Run Samsung Galaxy apps on your PC
- Now that your device has been linked to your PC, you should see the Your Phone app on your PC.
- From its left menu bar, select the Apps option. This will then display all the apps that have been installed on your device onto your PC.
- Now simply click on the desired Galaxy apps that you wish to run onto your PC.
- Along the same lines, you could also make use of the Open Phone screen option to cast your device’s screen over to your PC.
- Some handy gestures that you could keep a note of include a Single-click that corresponds to a single tap on your device. Likewise, Double click to double-tap, and click and hold to tap or hold on your device are some other handy gestures. You could also do a right-click on the screen to return to the previous screen.
With this, we conclude the guide on the steps to run Samsung Galaxy apps on your PC. Do let us know your views on the same in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.