With the advancement in technology, teenagers and youth are mad about the latest video games. It is the reason Microsoft brought Xbox One video game console on the ground in 2013. In the same series, there comes the “Twitch App,” which can introduce gamers with a plethora of video games. Typically, the Twitch App is a live streaming website that hosts loads of content made for the games across the whole globe. The Twitch app is not only used for video game streaming but also provides the users with the options to chat.
The Twitch app also offers the broadcasting of a game with which the player can even record his play and also see other players’ recorded videos or audios with their gameplay. Now, the Twitch app is gaining popularity, so, the number of its users is elongating over time. Due to which, the errors are quite usual to come, and one of such issues is facing Twitch error code 995fa12 while accessing on Xbox one. If you also face the same problem, then you can take assistance from the following guide.
Table of Contents
How to fix Twitch error code 995fa12 on Xbox One?
While using the Twitch app on a mobile phone, tablet, or PC, fewer errors strike on the screen. But, when you use it on the Xbox One console, there is an error with code 995fa12, which usually comes across the users. If you are also one such user who is dealing with the same issue, then scroll down to get the solutions for the same.
Disconnect Twitch profile from Xbox console
The very first thing to fix the error code 995fa12 appeared on Twitch profile is the disconnection of the same from the Xbox console only. If you are not aware of the disconnection procedure, then you can take assistance from the following steps.
- Open the Twitch website, whether on your PC or mobile phone.
- Visit the “Profile” tab.
- Click on the tab displaying “Connections.”
- Look for Xbox here.
- Now, you will see the option “Remove” or “Unlink.”
- Tap one of these options appearing in your device.
- Then, you need to launch the Twitch application.
- Sign in using your profile into the device.
- With this, you will get a six-digit code.
- Use the code to sign in your account.
- Once you enter the code, your account will log in.
With this, you will be able to access your twitch profile on your Xbox One device. Here, you will not have to see any error as this procedure allows errorless login to your profile.
Reset the alternate Mac Address provided on Xbox
Another method that can help you to get rid of the error code 995fa12 on your Twitch profile is changing the Mac Address. The following are the few steps that can assist you a lot in running Twitch profile on your Xbox One device effortlessly without any errors.
- Open your controller and press the “Xbox button” available here.
- Now, you need to open the tab named “System.”
- Click on the “Settings” option present here.
- Then, go to the “Network” profile.
- Tap on the “Network Settings” tab.
- With this, you need to select “Advanced Settings.”
- Select the Alternate Mac Address option here.
- Here, you need to tap on Clear
- Restart the Xbox Console and then check if you need any improvements.
If you are a frequent user of alternate Mac addresses to resolve network problems, then the future issues are quite usual to appear. But, if you want to get rid of any next problem persisting in your Twitch profile, then resetting the alternate Mac Address is one of the most successful procedures to fix errors.
Comment something on Live streaming
Though leave a comment on live streaming may sound quite unintelligent to you, yet it is an effective solution to get rid of error code 995fa12 displaying on your profile. It is also one of the most straightforward procedures that you can try to resolve the errors.
- While accessing your Xbox Console for live streaming at the Twitch app, you can browse a random stream.
- Leave a comment in the live stream’s comment section.
- But, if you are facing any error in commenting, then you can try after some time.
- When you are successful in typing a comment and posting it, you can come back to your home screen after that.
- Try signing in after leaving the comment.
- If the Twitch Xbox One error code 995fa12 is not appearing anymore, then you can follow this solution anytime when you face identical issues in the future.
A lot of users tried the same method to resolve the Twitch app Xbox error issue. The best thing is that this method has helped them too. So, you can try the technique yourself for checking results.
Change the Stream Key
Along with other methods to resolve error code 995fa12, changing the stream key is also one of the famous and best approaches for quick solutions to the issue. If you also want to try the same, then you can follow these steps.
- Open your laptop or computer and browse the Twitch website.
- Make sure you do not open the Twitch application on Xbox One console.
- Go to the Settings, where you need to click on the “Channel” option.
- Now, click on “Reset your Stream Key.”
- After that, you can tap the Reset
- You will see the reset button just beside Primary Stream Key.
- Now, you will have to wait until the key resets.
- In the end, you can get back to Xbox One console and launch Twitch application.
Proceeding further, when you sign in using your Twitch profile details again, you will not see any error in accessing the profile on Xbox one console too.
Re-install the Twitch App again
Uninstalling and re-installing an application have always been the best method to resolve any app errors. In this case, too, you can try this method to see if the problem persists or not.
Carry out power-cycle method
Last but not the least method is to perform the power-cycle procedure, which is not much tiring procedure but valid. The reason to follow this process is that sometimes the error code 995fa12 persists because of any software or firmware glitch. In such a case, you can try this procedure with the help of the following steps.
- Hold the power button on the main dashboard; press it from the front side of the Xbox One console. You need to press the button continuously for 10 seconds or till the time LED flash stops. Now, you can remove your finger from the power button.
- Wait for one minute and turn on your device. When you start the method, you need to look to get starting animation. If you see that, it means the procedure is successful.
- Now re-access the Twitch app after completing the next startup procedure.
With this, you can quickly get rid of 995fa12 error without any difficulty.
A lot of gamers can try the procedures as mentioned above and methods. We are suggesting the same to you as these have been proven successful. When you are seeking any of these methods, you need to make sure your device has a reliable connection, whether Wi-Fi or Mobile network.
Over and all, if you follow the procedures step by step systematically, then you will not see this error code 995fa12 on your Twitch profile when accessing on Xbox One. All the steps, as mentioned above, are found very useful in fixing the error issue displayed on the Twitch app, and you can see the results by checking yourself. If still, a question persists in your mind, then you can drop your queries in the comment section. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.