If you are using Lenovo Z6 Youth smartphone and want to root then this guide is for you. In this guide, we will share with you steps to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Lenovo Z6 Youth. In order to install any Custom Recovery and enable root access, your device bootloader should be unlocked at first. Without unlocking the bootloader, you really can’t customize or install mod files on your Lenovo handset. Then you have to install the TWRP Recovery and follow the full guide for rooting as well. We have shared with you the guide to install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Z6 Youth and Root using Magisk/SuperSU. After installing TWRP Recovery and gaining root access, you will be able to flash Custom ROMs, install Mods, perform backup and restore, and more.
By installing a Custom Recovery and enabling root access on your Lenovo Z6 Youth device, you can easily customize or tweak your device as the rooting offers admin access to the subsystem. Additionally, you can install Custom ROMs, flash Mods, flash custom files, etc. The TWRP is a custom recovery project which enables users to flash custom ROMs, install mods, root device and take complete backup.
Table of Contents
- 1 TWRP Recovery For Lenovo Z6 Youth
- 2 Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Lenovo Z6 Youth
- 3 Unlock bootloader on Lenovo Z6 Youth
- 4 Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Z6 Youth
- 5 Root Lenovo Z6 Youth
TWRP Recovery For Lenovo Z6 Youth
TWRP means “Team Win Recovery Project”. It gives the user to flash recovery files and ROM files easily with a simple and fully-featured UI. The TWRP is so much popular and widely used for Android devices via the advanced Android users and developers as well. This basically replaces the stock recovery menu which is quite limited.
In order to use your device widely and customize or flash any file easily, custom recovery is needed. You can also revert back to the stock recovery whenever you want from the Stock ROM. Here we have mentioned some of the advantages of installing TWRP Recovery on your device.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Flash Custom ROM using TWRP.
- Flash modding zip files to customize your phone.
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP.
- Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU.
- You can install Magisk on Lenovo Z6 Youth.
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- Flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Z6 Youth.
- Remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Z6 Youth.
- You can underclock and overclock.
- Perform clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Lenovo Z6 Youth
We will guide you on how to download and install TWRP recovery on Lenovo Z6 Youth Android device. After successfully installing TWRP, you can install several Mods, flash ROMs, perform backup & restores, and more. Follow the download links and requirements as well. We have also mentioned the bootloader unlock and rooting steps. Then check the full depth guide properly.
- This guide and recovery file is only for Lenovo Z6 Youth model. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader on Lenovo Z6 Youth.
- Charge your device battery up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup without Root of your device data.
- You will need a USB cable and a PC/Laptop to connect your phone.
Unlock bootloader on Lenovo Z6 Youth
- Download the ADB Fastboot Tool zip file and extract it on your computer.
- Open cmd windows in ADB folder by pressing Shift + mouse to right-click.
- Then connect your device to the PC and enable USB Debugging.
- Now, reboot your device in Fastboot Mode by using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, download and extract the Platform-Tool file. Find and open the UNLOCK BOOTLOADER.bat file and press enter.
- The device will reboot several times, so wait for a moment and your device bootloader will be unlocked.
- Now, follow the installation of Custom Recovery steps.
Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Z6 Youth
- After unlocking the device bootloader, now open the FLASH RECOVERY.bat file and press enter.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions step-by-step to proceed.
- Press the Enter button to start.
- Select option 1 and press enter.
- Now, just press Enter and wait for a few seconds.
- You will see verify the device is connected correctly.
- Finally, your phone should restart automatically and enter into TWRP mode.
Root Lenovo Z6 Youth
In order to root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Lenovo Z6 Youth without PC or Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone.
What is Rooting?
Rooting for Android means similar to the jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. It will give you the superuser power or access to use your device over Android subsystem and system apps.
Though sometimes rooting may void your device warranty as well. But it will give you some unleash power and access to change or edit the system settings, themes, icons, install other mod files, etc.
Advantages of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Lenovo Z6 Youth, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Lenovo Z6 Youth by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Lenovo Z6 Youth.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Lenovo Z6 Youth.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
- By Rooting Lenovo Z6 Youth, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
- First, enter into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In order to do this: switch off the phone, then press and hold the Power button + Volume Up button together for a few seconds.
- If you are unable to enter, do the same but press power +volume down this time.
- Now, you’re in TWRP menu.
- Go to Advanced option > Install Root. (If Magisk/SuperSU file downloaded)
- Reboot your phone. Done.
If in case, you don’t know how to root an Android device, check the full guide on it.Guide to Install SuperSU on an Android Device Guide to Install Magisk and Magisk Manager
We assume that you have successfully rooted or installed TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Z6 Youth device. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.