Installing TWRP Recovery and Rooting your Android device now becomes quite easy and useful too. Here in this guide, we will share with you the steps on How to Root and install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 easily. The TWRP Recovery installation process will also require unlocking the device bootloader. So, we will share how to Unlock the Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 Bootloader guide as well.
The smartphone OEMs don’t provide an unlocked bootloader for some security reasons. Whereas unlocking the device bootloader will come in handy to install custom recovery as well. The Custom Recovery tools will be like TWRP, CWM, etc. By installing the TWRP Recovery, you can easily flash firmware files, install root, take a full backup, and more.
Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 sports a 5.5 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core Exynos 7870 Octa (14 nm). The device packs 16GB internal storage and 3GB of RAM. There is 256GB expandable memory support. The camera on this device sports a single camera 13 MP with an aperture f/1.7 and a 13 MP shooter for selfies. The Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 runs Android 7.0 Nougat and backed by a Li-Ion 3600 mAh battery. The handset has a front mounted fingerprint sensor.
What is TWRP Recovery
TWRP means Team Win Recovery Project. It started as a small recovery project to facilitate ease while flashing custom ROMs and tweaks for android user. With simple and easy to use interface, it quickly became popular among Android enthusiasts and developers. There are quite a lot of benefits of installing a Custom recovery like the TWRP on an Android Device. This includes flashing SuperSU or Magisk as well. These benefits include installing Custom ROMs, Patches, MODs, and more.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
Here are some of the advantages of installing a TWRP Recovery on an Android Device:
- Flash Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 using TWRP
- Flash mods zip & Xposed modules files to customize their phone
- Root their device and install Magisk or SuperSU
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Underclock and overclock.
- Users can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- Access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- Flash the image file using TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017.
- Remove all bloatware using the TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017.
How to Install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017
In this tutorial, we will be first installing/Flashing TWRP recovery using flash tools. After that, we will be rooting the device using either Magisk or SuperSU. If you’re new to this stuff then don’t worry. We will guide you through each step. Just read and follow all the steps carefully.
Currently, Official TWRP is available only for Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 WiFi (gts4lvwifi)
- TWRP Recovery | Download Link
- Odin Tool | Download
- Samsung USB Drivers | Link
- no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 | Download
- Magisk | Link
- The guide and TWRP file are only for the Samsung Galaxy J7 2017. Don’t try on other models.
- You should have a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Make sure to charge your device battery at least 50%.
- Download and install the latest USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017. [Developer Options > OEM Unlock]
- Take a complete backup without Root of your device.
Installation Guide: TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
Guide to Install TWRP Recovery via Odin Tool
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
Watch the Video Guide on Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on any Samsung Device
- Once the device booted into TWRP Recovery mode, you need to decrypt data partition. In order to do it: Go to Wipe > Format Data and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then reboot to recovery mode again.
- Now, flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt, Magisk, and RMM Bypass zip one-by-one to prevent bootloops.
- That’s it. Reboot to the system finally. Enjoy!
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 2017
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Samsung Galaxy J7 2017, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Samsung Galaxy J7 2017, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Samsung Galaxy J7 2017.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Samsung Galaxy J7 2017, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Warning: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]
Full Guide to install SuperSU on your phone
Full Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
So this is how you can install TWRP and root your Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 Android smartphone. Please make sure to root only via one method. If you ask me, go with Magisk method as its easy and work great on all android devices. If you’re having any issue or problems with the guide, then let us know. We will be happy to help you. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!