Among Us becomes one of the successful online multiplayer social deduction games that has been launched back in 2018, developed & published by Innersloth. Although initially the game was released for mobile devices, developers have made it cross-platform compatible with the Windows platform too. However, some players are reporting that they’re facing Among Us Stuck On Loading Screen On Windows 11/10.
Also Read: How to Use Among Us Proximity Chat
If you’re also one of the victims, make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide completely. Here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds to resolve this issue. To be very specific, it’s considered one of the bugs or glitches that may appear to some of the unfortunate PC players after updating or installing the game. Well, no offense! Just take a closer look at the methods below.
Download Dolby Audio Driver for Windows 11/10/8.1
Fix: Miracast Not Working on Windows 11 and 10
How To Fix External Hard Drive I/O Device Error in Windows 11/10
How to Fix if 4K Videos Not Playing on Windows 11
Fix: Windows 11 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full Screen
Fix: Win+Shift+S Not Working on Windows 11/10
How to Fix Scanner Not Working Issue on Windows 11
Download All Among Us GIF Images For Free
TranslucentTB Windows 11 Not Working, How to Fix?
- Fix: Among Us Stuck On Loading Screen On Windows 11/10
Fix: Among Us Stuck On Loading Screen On Windows 11/10
It’s also worth mentioning that while trying to launch the Among Us game on your PC, several players have experienced the same problem whatsoever. Luckily, there a couple of expected reasons can be found behind such an issue that might be fixed easily. So, without wasting any more time let’s jump into it.
1. Switch Out and In the game
If you’re facing the screen stuck or black screen issue then make sure to switch out the game between the windows and switch back in. To do so:
- Press the Alt + Tab keys on your keyboard.
- Choose a different tab or window and open it.
- Now, press the Alt + Tab keys again and select the Among Us window to back in the game.
However, if this trick doesn’t work for you, try using the Alt + Enter keys to open the game in Windowed screen mode rather than using the Fullscreen mode. Sometimes it may also be possible that your game is conflicting with the screen resolution or display mode.
So, if the game works fine after using the windowed mode, enter Alt + Enter to make it a full window. But if this method doesn’t come in handy, make sure to follow the next one.
2. Run the game as an administrator
When it comes to running the game as an administrator, you need to give proper access to the game launcher or the game file itself. Otherwise, you may experience issues with the game launching, crashing, stuck the game on the loading screen, and more.
- Just right-click on the Among Us (exe) file on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Choose to Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
Similarly, you should also give full admin access to the Steam client on your PC by following the same steps after right-clicking on the Steam (exe) file.
3. Verify Integrity of Game Files
The chances are high enough that your installed game files are either corrupted or missing on the computer due to several unexpected reasons. If that’s the case and you’re feeling the same, make sure to check the integrity of game files and repair it automatically from the Steam launcher. To do that:
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Click on Library > Right-click on Among Us from the installed games list.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Here you’ll have to click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, make sure to restart your Steam client and the game.
4. Update GPU Drivers
An outdated or corrupted graphics card driver on your Windows computer may also cause multiple issues or errors while trying to launch any game. So, it’s highly recommended to try updating the graphics driver on your PC to keep things sorted. To do this:
- First of all, press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Start Menu.
- Go to Device Manager > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the graphics card > Click on Update drivers.
- Now, select Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically start downloading and installing the update.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer to change effects completely.
5. Remove Temporary Files
As the name suggests, temporary files are a kind of cache or dump files stored in the system and may cause several issues with the program performance in some scenarios. It doesn’t come in handy and can be easily deleted from the installed Windows drive manually. Not only does it free up the storage space but also improves the speed or performance of your PC.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type %temp% and hit Enter to open the Temp folder.
- Here you’ll need to select all the temporary files by just pressing Ctrl + A keys on the keyboard.
- Once all selected, press Shift + Delete keys on the keyboard to delete those files permanently.
- If prompted, click on Yes to confirm the task.
- Finally, try rebooting your computer to refresh the system, and launch the game again.
6. Disable Firewall and Antivirus Program
It’s needless to say that the default Windows Defender Firewall program or any of the third-party antivirus software is really helpful in scanning and protecting your system 24/7. However, sometimes the antivirus program may start blocking your game files or other executable files (exe) unnecessarily by just assuming that those are harmful to your PC.
Whereas the Windows Firewall program may start preventing your ongoing connections to the internet that’ll eventually start causing issues to the online games or multiplayer games whatsoever.
- Press Windows + R keys to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type control firewall.cpl and hit Enter to open Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Now, click on Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) for both the Domain, Private, and Public Networks.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes > Try running the game again.
Please Note: We do not highly recommend turning off Firewall or Antivirus program on your computer because it may trigger a higher security risk. So, do not browse unknown websites or download any third-party content on your PC after turning off security programs. Make sure to temporarily disable the protection and check for the game issue.
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Then turn off the Real-time protection toggle temporarily.
- You’re now able to play Among Us game.
7. Select Another Game Server
Choosing another game server for online games may also help affected players to get out of the connectivity or screen stuck issue while launching the game. So, always try selecting your nearest game server (location) to get a higher connectivity speed and lower ping as well as lower input lag.
- Open Among Us on the Steam launcher.
- Now, click on the Globe icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Click to select another server nearest to your region.
- Simply try joining the Among Us game again and check for the game Stuck On Loading Screen issue.
8. Uninstall and Reinstall Among Us
If none of the methods worked for you, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game on your PC as a last resort. Sometimes reinstalling the game may come in handy to clear cache data which can cause issues with the gameplay. To do that:
- Launch the Steam client on your PC.
- Click on the Library tab > Right-click on Among Us from the list of installed games.
- Choose to Manage and select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on the Delete button again to confirm it.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once the Among Us game is uninstalled, restart your PC to change effects.
- Finally, run the Steam client again and download/install the Among Us game properly.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, let us know in the comment below.
i don’t have steam, so how i do the steam part
Thanks, unfortunately none of the methods worked. The loading screen bug still persists..
But thanks for the effort!