HTC One M7 (codename: m7) launched in February 2013. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and later upgraded to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Are you looking to install the stable version of Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC One M7? then you are at the right place. Today we will guide you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC One M7 smartphone.
Talking about the specifications, HTC One M7 features a 4.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the HTC One M7 comes with 4MP and 2.1MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery.
If you are here for the first time to install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC One M7, then let us make things more clear. It’s been few months, the developers are struggling to bring stable build of Android 8.1 Oreo to many supported devices. Earlier we had shared some of the custom ROM known as Lineage OS 15.1, Pixel Experience ROM, AOSiP, OmniROM, Resurrection Remix Oreo etc based on Android 8.1 Oreo. You can simply check out the link to see if you have your device in it.
Android 8.1 Oreo and Features:
Well, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo which was released in August 2017. The Android Oreo is the 8th iteration of Android OS and comes with many new features such as New emoji, picture-in-picture mode, multi-window, Better public Wi-Fi connections, Revamped notifications, Notification Dots, Notification channels, Google Play Protect, Project Treble, Autofill, smart text selection, Better battery life and performance and also new Settings menu and other UI tweaks. After rolling the 8.1 Oreo, Google also pushed the Android 8.1 Oreo branch tree to Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android Oreo
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC One M7:
Follow our below guide to install the Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC One M7. Simply download the below given ROM and Gapps file to experience the PURE Android Oreo Stock build on HTC One M7 smartphone. To install any Custom firmware on HTC One M7, you should have TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery.
Before grabbing the download link and installing the custom ROM, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites.
- This ROM is for HTC One M7 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your complete ROM before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- If you have root installed, then take backup of all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How To Install Lineage OS 15 For HTC One M7 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For HTC One M7 (All Variant)
- Download Install Official Android 7.1.2 Nougat On HTC One M7
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for HTC One M7 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on HTC One M7 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Download The ROM and Gapps
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on HTC One M7
- Now install TWRP Recovery for HTC One M7. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for HTC One M7.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Link to Install
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]
Don’t flash SuperSU if you want to try Magisk Root on your phone
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release