Here we will guide you on how to download and install Android 9.0 Pie update for HTC 10. You can enjoy the real sweet of Android Pie with this Ported ROM.
HTC 10 (pme) launched in April 2016. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. Talking about the specifications, HTC 10 features a 6.2-inches Notched IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.8 GHz Kyro-260 Octa-core Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 coupled with 3/4/6GB of RAM and Adreno 509 GPU. The phone packs 32/64GB of internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the HTC 10 comes with Dual 16MP (f/1.8) + 5MP (f/2.2) phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash camera, and 12MP front shooting camera.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie update for HTC 10?
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for HTC 10.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on HTC 10.
- Supported on HTC 10 (pme)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your HTC 10.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on HTC 10.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie update for HTC 10 :
Build Name Developer Lineage OS 16 for HTC 10 XDA Recognized developer: fagyi
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install:
- Move the download Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie Update on HTC 10 .
Root Android 9.0 Pie on HTC 10 :
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install Magisk root on your phone.
If you don’t want Magisk rooting guide, then you can try SuperSU Root on Android Pie ROM.
Hope this guide was helpful to install Android 9.0 Pie update for HTC 10.