Samsung Galaxy M30 (codename: m30lte) was launched in the year February 2019. The handset came with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 10 Q. Recently this device has received the official TWRP recovery support. So, on this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy M30. This guide contains both the written instruction and video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy M30.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy M30 device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Samsung Galaxy M30 is powered by a Exynos 7904 (14 nm) chipset coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports an 1TB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie and backed by a 5000 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Tripe-camera setup with 13MP + 5MP + 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 16MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Samsung Galaxy M30 come with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy M30 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Samsung Galaxy M30
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy M30
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy M30.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy M30 (m30lte)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Samsung Galaxy M30 (m30lte) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Samsung Galaxy M30 bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
|Version||V3.4.0 and Higher|
Method: ODIN Flash Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Now, run the Odin tool as an administrator on your PC.
- We assume that you’ve already installed the ODIN tool.
- Now, run the Odin tool as an administrator on your PC.
- Reboot your Samsung device into Download mode.
- Simply connect your handset to the computer using a USB cable.
- After connecting the USB cable, you will see a blue sign in Odin interface in the ID:COM section with a USB port number.
- Add the Recovery TWRP .tar file from that you’ve already downloaded earlier.
- Click on the AP/PDA button and load it.
- DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ under the Options tab.
- You can also uncheck the ‘Auto Reboot’ option (optional).
- Click on ‘Start’ and wait for a few seconds until you see a message PASS.
- Reboot the handset into recovery mode by press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. [For newer Samsung devices, press and hold Volume Up + Power together]
- That’s it, guys. You’re done.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Samsung Galaxy M30, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Samsung Galaxy M30 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Samsung Galaxy M30.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Samsung Galaxy M30.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Samsung Galaxy M30, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy M30
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.