You should know that FIFA 23 is the final edition under the FIFA lineup because EA Sports and FIFA have split their way after a wonderful journey. From the next year, EA will continue releasing the football video game in the name of EA Sports FC as a new era of interactive football in 2023. Though FIFA 23 seems expansive and improved in several aspects, several players are facing FIFA 23 DirectX Function Error Dx12Renderer/NvAPI_D3D12/DXGI Error Device Hung.
Now, if you’re also facing the same kind of error on your PC while trying to launch the FIFA 23 game then don’t worry. Here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should help to fix this error completely. It becomes a common issue these days with the FIFA 23 PC version players where the game is crashing due to Dx12Renderer/NvAPI_D3D12/DXGI Error Device Hung. Luckily, you can follow the troubleshooting methods below to fix it.
Fix: FIFA 23 Screen Flickering or Tearing Issue on PC
Fix: FIFA 23 Unrecoverable Error | Secure Boot Error
All FIFA 23 Errors and Solutions
Fix: FIFA 23 DXGI Error Device Hung
FIFA 23 Not Working, Not Launching, or Loading on Steam Deck, How to Fix?
Fix: FIFA 23 Keyboard or Mouse Not Working
How to Fix FIFA 23 SSL Connect Error on PS4 and PS5
Fix: FIFA 23 Can’t Play Rivals
- Fix FIFA 23 DirectX Function Error Dx12Renderer/NvAPI_D3D12/DXGI Error Device Hung
- 1. Install/Update the Xbox Accessories app (For Xbox Controller Only)
- 2. Enable Debug Mode in Nvidia Control Panel
- 3. Update GPU Driver
- 4. Update Windows
- 5. Update FIFA 23
- 6. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
- 7. Reinstall DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
- 8. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
- 9. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
- 10. Restore Default to Overclocked CPU or GPU
Fix FIFA 23 DirectX Function Error Dx12Renderer/NvAPI_D3D12/DXGI Error Device Hung
Though EA Sports haven’t responded to this issue officially yet, we can assume that the developers are aware of this issue, and will soon release a patch fix update for it. However, we’re not sure about the ETA and affected players might have to wait further to get it fixed. It’s worth mentioning that some players have found the following troubleshooting guide helpful but not everyone. So, it’s recommended to follow this full guide and check if it’s working or not.
The chances are high that somehow your FIFA 23 game becomes outdated or that there might an issue with the installed graphics driver on the PC. Additionally, issues with the installed game files, outdated DirectX version, issues with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, background running tasks, overclocked CPU or GPU, etc can be possible reasons behind the DirectX Function Error on the computer. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s get in.
You can also check out our video tutorial below for the same.
1. Install/Update the Xbox Accessories app (For Xbox Controller Only)
It’s highly recommended to simply install or update the Xbox Accessories application on your computer if you’re playing the FIFA 23 game via the Xbox Controller or Joystick. The Xbox Accessories app allows you more ways to play a specific game whenever paired with an Xbox controller (wired or wirelessly). You can easily create and edit controller profiles as per your preference so that you can switch between profiles depending on which game you’re playing.
It includes button remapping, swapping sticks & triggers, configuring controller vibration, updating the controller firmware, enabling Copilot mode, and more. To install or update it, you can follow the steps below:
- You can just visit this official Microsoft Store link of the Xbox Accessories app.
- Click on the ‘Get in Store app’ button.
- Click on Open Microsoft Store (if prompted).
- The installed Microsoft Store application on your PC will now open. (It comes pre-installed)
- Click on the Get button or select Update > Wait for it to install.
- Once done, you can open the Xbox Accessories app, and create a controller profile.
- Finally, launch the FIFA 23 game to check for the error again.
If the problem still appears, you can head over to the next method.
2. Enable Debug Mode in Nvidia Control Panel
As the name suggests, Debug Mode of the Nvidia Control Panel program might help you to detect the potential issue with the FIFA 23 DirectX Function Error Dx12Renderer/NvAPI_D3D12/DXGI Error Device Hung while launching the game. This Debug Mode basically reverts the clock speed of the GPU and GPU RAM back to its default settings. To do so:
- Launch the Nvidia Control Panel program.
- Once it opens, click on Help on top > Click on Debug Mode.
- Now, you can try launching the FIFA 23 game to check if the problem is bothering you or not.
3. Update GPU Driver
Another thing you should do is update the graphics driver version on your PC by following the steps below. If there is an update available, make sure to install the same. An outdated GPU driver can cause several issues with the program launching such as in games or even during gameplay sessions. Not only your game looks pathetic but also your PC won’t be able to run at its full potential due to graphics conflict. To do that:
- Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Double-click on Display adapters to expand it.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Click on Update driver > Click on Search automatically for drivers.
- It’ll now automatically check for the available update > Download and Install the latest version.
- Wait for it to complete and then reboot the PC to apply changes.
If there is no update available for your GPU then you can go to the official graphics card website from the links below and search for the model of your graphics manually. Make sure to download and install the latest GPU driver for your model number as per the manufacturer.
4. Update Windows
If you’re running an outdated Windows version or build number for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for the same. Always try to install the latest update of the system so that you can get the latest security patch, improved performance, bug fixes, additional features, and more.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Settings.
- Click on Windows Update > Click on Check for updates.
- If there is an update available, click on Download and Install.
- Wait for the update process to be completed.
- Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
Additionally, you should also check for the optional updates by following the steps below because sometimes a couple of driver updates or security patch updates might appear here that can help you to fix several bugs or issues whatsoever.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Settings.
- Click on Windows Update > Click on Advanced Options.
- Scroll down to locate Additional options.
- Click on Optional updates > If there is an update available, you can select the update.
- Next, click on Download & install > Wait for it to complete.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes. [Important]
5. Update FIFA 23
We should also recommend you manually check for the game update periodically by following the steps below. The chances are high that your game patch version becomes outdated and has some bugs that can only be fixed by upgrading to the latest patch version. So, check for the available game updates. To do this:
- Open Steam and go to Library.
- Click on FIFA 23 from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to FIFA 23.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
- It should automatically install the available update of the game.
- Launch the Origin client on your computer.
- Go to Library > Right-click on FIFA 23.
- Select Check for Update > If available, proceed with the same.
- It may take some time to complete the update.
- Once done, you can reboot the PC to apply changes.
6. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes corrupted or missing game files on the PC might also trouble you a lot when it comes to the installation or updating of the game. You really can’t do anything for the issue to happen. But most of the game launchers do come with a built-in option to verify and repair the game files automatically that you can use whenever you face any kind of issues. To do this:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on FIFA 23 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
- Launch the Origin client on your PC.
- Head over to the My Game Library and locate FIFA 23.
- Now, click on Settings (Gear icon) > Select Repair.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon next to FIFA 23.
- Click on Verify > Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
- It should resolve the FIFA 23 DirectX Function Error Dx12Renderer/NvAPI_D3D12/DXGI Error Device Hung issue.
7. Reinstall DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
You should reinstall the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer on your PC if already using it. Otherwise, try installing it as a fresh one to check for the issue. Visit the official Microsoft DirectX Runtime webpage to download the installer. Once downloaded, make sure to install it on the PC like usually you do install other Windows applications.
8. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
If your Windows system doesn’t have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables installed or even already installed, make sure to reinstall it manually by following the steps below.
- Open the Start Menu > Type apps & features and open it.
- Click on the Microsoft Visual C++ program(s) from the list one by one.
- Click on Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once all Visual C++ programs are uninstalled, reboot the PC.
- Now, go to the official Microsoft website and download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
- Make sure to install it on your computer and restart the system to change the effects.
9. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
It’s recommended to close all the unnecessary background running tasks on your system by following the steps below because the more system resources will be used the higher your system performance will drop. You may not notice it drastically when you face in-game lags, framerate drops, stutters, etc. But this method should be useful for you in many ways.
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on Processes and check which task is consuming higher resources.
- Just click on the particular process and select End Task to close it forcefully.
- Make sure to do the same steps for each third-party app process that is consuming higher resources.
- Once done, close Task Manager, and restart your PC.
10. Restore Default to Overclocked CPU or GPU
Sometimes overclocked CPU or GPU on the PC might cause conflicts with the other hardware which may trigger a bottleneck issue. It’s better to temporarily disable or restore the overclocked CPU/GPU to the factory default so that you can check out the potential reason behind the crashing issue or errors. There are a few tools you can find online to adjust CPU or GPU clock speed such as MSI Afterburner, Riva Tuner, AMD Ryzen Master, EVGA Precision X, etc on PC.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.