Do you prefer the vintage designed Gamecube controller over the Nintendo Pro Controller? Do you have a copy of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and want to enjoy it with a Gamecube controller? Well, you are not the first one. The company realizes that many Nintendo Switch users still own an older Gamecube controller, and they want to use it with their Nintendo switch. That is why in this article, we will guide you through the entire process of how to connect a Gamecube controller to your Nintendo Switch.
Well, there are a few conditions to consider when it comes to connecting a Gamecube controller to the Switch. Firstly, you must ensure that the system version on the console is currently running a version of 5.0.0 or higher. If you are on an older version, just update it before trying this method. Nextly, you will need the GameCube Controller Adapter, which is additional hardware you will need to make this possible. The GameCube Controller adapter acts as the link between the Controller and the Nintendo Switch dock. So once you have the latest system version running on the Switch, and the adapter to connect the Controller, go on ahead with the steps mentioned below.
How to use a GameCube Controller with a Nintendo Switch?
Now, this Controller only works when the Switch is set to the TV mode. This is because the connection is made from the GameCube Controller Adapter to the Nintendo Switch dock. Without the dock, you can’t connect the GameCube controller at all.
- Ensure the system version on your Switch is 5.0.0 or higher.
- Turn on the TV mode on your Nintendo Switch console.
- Connect the two USB plugs from the GameCube Controller Adapter to the Nintendo Switch dock.
- Bring in your GameCube controller and connect it to one of the available ports in the GameCube Controller Adapter. There is more than a single port, so there is the option to connect more than one GameCube Controller at once.
- Once the connection is made, just press any one of the buttons in your GameCube Controller.
- On pressing a button, the Switch console will recognize the GameCube Controller.
- The Nintendo Switch console will recognize the connected GameCube controller as a USB controller as the GameCube Controller Adapter is connected to the dock through the USB ports.
Now you will get Controller vibration on your GameCube Controller only with supported software. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will support it, and you can enjoy vibration feedback on this Controller when you fight against your opponents here.
If you have any queries with this guide, then comment down below. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more useful information.