The Chinese tech giant HUAWEI’s subsidiary brand Honor has launched its flagship device called Honor 10 back in 2018. At the time of launching, the handset run on Android 8.1 Oreo and then it was upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. If you’re the Honor 10 device user and waiting for the official Android 10 update then you should rejoice as the company has started rolling out the Magic UI 2.1 update to its eligible devices. Now, you can Download Huawei Honor 10 Android 10 update with Magic UI 2.1 from this guide.
As of now, the update is currently arriving for the beta testers and the stable version will soon hit all the units globally. It brings all the Android 10 features including UI changes, system improvements, battery improvements, enhanced system security, and more. If you’ve already applied for the beta testing program then the OTA update will arrive pretty soon on your handset. Otherwise, you can manually install the firmware by following the guide below.
EMUI 10 Update
After the launch of the Android 10 OS version officially by Google in September 2017, the Chinese OEM Huawei has also announced its latest EMUI 10 version based on Android 10 at Huawei’s developer conference. It’s also worth mentioning that the Magic UI 2.1 (aka EMUI 10) is also based on Android 10 and runs on Honor devices. The new EMUI 10 comes with inbuilt Android 10 core features and brings design improvements, UI changes, and more which we’ve mentioned below.
- Magazine Style UI layout
- Morandi Colors
- System-Wide Dark Mode
- Golden Icons
- New Animations
- Improved privacy features
- 3D Touch
- Navigation Gestures Control
- Improved App Permissions
- Enhanced Location Privacy
- Live Caption
- New App Drawer
- New Stock Camera UI
- Improved Animation Transitions
- Desktop Mode
- And More…
You can check out in-depth details of EMUI 10 features and supported device list.
What’s on Android 10?
If you’re an Android device user for a while then you should know that Google has announced the latest 10th iteration of Android OS a couple of months ago which is a successor version of the Android 9.0 Pie. It brings plenty of useful features and system improvements like a system-wide dark theme, focus mode, live caption, sound amplifier, improved privacy & location control, gestures navigation, etc.
The Android 10 also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, 5G support, chat bubble, smart reply mode, improved lock screen, easy security updates, family link, and more. You can check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
Steps to Install Huawei Honor 10 Android 10 Update
Make sure to download the required tools, drivers and ROM before trying this method.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide. This beta version is designed for you to experience new software features in advance, thus giving us feedback for further software improvement. Below are known issues with this version that may affect your daily use. Do not install this update if you frequently use the apps or features concerned.
1. Some banking apps are not compatible with Android 10. This issue can be resolved only after compatible app versions are released.
2. Some instant messaging apps are not compatible with Android 10 and may encounter issues when sending images. Restart the app to fix this issue.
3. The silent mode will be enabled by default for notifications from instant messaging apps if you disabled sound and vibration alerts for them before installing this update. The alert mode can be modified in the app settings according to your preferences.
4. For apps with the App twin feature enabled, this update might allow the twin app to read Messaging content. Disable and re-enable the App twin feature to fix the issue.
5. The screen might flicker in certain situations when playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). Set a non-HDR resolution or restart the game to fix the issue.
6. Samsung watches might automatically disconnect from your phone after a certain period. This issue will be resolved in a later version.
7. 30x zooming by pinching out with two fingers might occasionally fail. Drag the zoom slider or restart Camera to fix this issue.
- Supported Device: Huawei Honor 10 only
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Required Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method that you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
- COL-AL10C675E4R1P11B179 (10.0.0.179) – Download – India – Full ROM
- Columbia-AL10IC675E4R1P11B175 (10.0.0.175) – Download – India – Full ROM
- Columbia-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.174 – Download – International – Full ROM
- COL-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.172 – Download – International – Full ROM
- COL-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.152 – Download – International – Full ROM
- COL-LGRP1-CHN 10.0.0.156 – Download – China – Full ROM
- Columbia-AL10IC675E4R1P11B152 (10.0.0.152) – Download – India – OTA
Before trying to upgrade via the given method, make sure to check for the new software update manually by using the HiCare app.
1st Method: Instructions:
- First, you need to download EMUI 10 Beta Flashy v0.2 and extract on your PC’
- Download the firmware and extract it inside the same flashing tool extracted area.
- You need to enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging on your device
- Once you have enabled OEM unlocking, now open the flashy tool and run the Flash.bat file inside it.
- This will now flash the Android 10 on Huawei Honor 10.
- Once it is done! Reboot your device and enjoy the Android 10 EMUI 10.0 beta.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed the EMUI 10 (aka Magic UI 2.1).
2nd Method: Instructions:How to use Huawei Smartphone Multi Download tool
3rd Method: Instructions:Method 1: Install Firmware via HuRUpdater tool Method 2: Install Huawei Firmware via Dload
Still not able to update? Then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared a useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
We hope this guide was helpful enough to flash the Huawei Honor 10 Android 10 Update.