Huawei Nova 5 Pro was launched in June 2019 which came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie and EMUI 9.0 UI. Today Huawei started rolling the Android 10 update for the successive models; Huawei Nova 5 Pro. This update brings the latest EMUI 10.0 user interface which comes with a lot of goodies along with Android 10 Q features. Currently, the update is Open beta which is rolling for selected users under the beta channel. If you are not a beta tester, you can manually install Huawei Nova 5 Pro Android 10 OS Update.
The update is now live and available to download here. If you didn’t sign up for the Huawei Beta program or you are not patient to wait for the OTA, then you can download the full firmware and flash the update using our guide to upgrade from Android 9.0 Pie to Android 10 on Huawei Nova 5 Pro. Below we given are Beta software, if you experience bugs, then we are not responsible.
EMUI 10 Update
Huawei has announced the latest EMUI 10 custom skin based on Android 10 at Huawei’s developer conference. The new version of custom skin already surfaced on new refreshed Huawei P30 Pro device variants at IFA last week. The company has revealed the update timeline for its devices which will receive the Android 10 stable version. The EMUI 10 is currently available in the beta version.
As the latest Android version is the 10th generation of Google’s Android OS and it brings a bunch of new features and system improvements as well. Therefore, the Android 10 based EMUI 10 custom skin will also get all the core features.
- 3D Touch: It gives a super smooth touch effect with animation. It feels so fast and responsive than a normal touch pressure effect.
- Live Caption: The Live Caption brings real-time automatic captions to media on your device. It will provide live captions for the videos, podcasts, and audio messages, apps, etc. It works offline too.
- System-Wide Dark Mode: The dark mode saves battery juice a lot and reduces eye strain during night time.
- The swipe gesture navigation control offers more improved functionalities in Android 10.
- App Drawer: The new app drawer seems just like a Pixel Launcher. The drawer opens like swipe up from the home screen.
- New Stock Camera UI: The stock EMUI camera app UI has been tweaked a little bit. The slider between camera shutter button and modes text appears as a red dot this time.
- Notification and Quick Settings Toggle: The latest upcoming EMUI version will allow users to choose and set notification controls. It offers quick shortcut toggle.
- New Transition Animation: Huawei has introduced the new transition animation style for the swipe to go home gesture.
- Privacy and Security: It enables system security, app permission control, location control, and more.
- Bubbles: Bubbles feature is a new feature in Android Q which looks and works like Facebook Messenger.
- Desktop Mode: Android Q in EMUI 10 will feature desktop mode to connect your device easily to the monitor.
Additionally, you can check more EMUI 10 features and supported device list.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install Huawei Nova 5 Pro Android 10 Update
Make sure to download the required tools, drivers and ROM before trying this method.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide. This version is designed for you to experience new software features in advance, thus giving us feedback for further software improvement. Below are known issues with this version that may affect your daily use. Do not install this update if you frequently use the apps or features concerned. 1. Some banking apps are not compatible with Android 10. This issue can be resolved only after compatible app versions are released. 2. Some instant messaging apps are not compatible with Android 10, and may encounter issues when sending images. Restart the app to fix this issue. 3. Silent mode will be enabled by default for notifications from instant messaging apps if you disabled sound and vibration alerts for them before installing this update. The alert mode can be modified in the app settings according to your preferences. 4. For apps with the App twin feature enabled, this update might allow the twin app to read Messaging content. Disable and re-enable the App twin feature to fix the issue. 5. The screen might flicker in certain situations when playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). Set a non-HDR resolution or restart the game to fix the issue. 6. Samsung watches might automatically disconnect from your phone after a certain period. This issue will be resolved in a later version. 7. 30x zooming by pinching out with two fingers might occasionally fail. Drag the zoom slider or restart Camera to fix this issue.
User interface intricate and breath taking
– Magazine Design
Incorporates a magazine – style layout, for a more comfortable and authentic reading experience
– Morandi Color
Understated gray tones make for a gentler and more comfortable display
Dynamic , naturally – based animations for page transitions, app launches, and other scenarios.
Performance: stable and smooth
Improves the smoothness and stability of the system when playing games.
– Phone Clone
Improves the connection and cloning speed.
Security: more secure data and privacy
– Formally verified microkernel Uses Huawei ‘ s own self – developed microkernel design , certified as the most secure OS kernel for commercial use.
– Distributed technology Improves security when connecting to other Huawei devices , as well as when transferring files between and storing data on other Huawei devices.
– Privacy protection
Supports app sandboxing capabilities for standardized app permission management and more secure data and privacy protection.
Media and entertainment: more fun
– AppAssistant dropzone
Adds a dropzone for AppAssistant , allowing you to quickly access services such as game acceleration and do – not – disturb
- Supported Device: Huawei Nova 5 Pro
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Required Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method that you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
- Firmware download:
- Download Huawei Multi-Download Tool on your computer and install it.
- Huawei USB Drivers – download and install it on your PC.
- Huawei Handset Product Line Driver – download and install it also.
- Beta Flashy Tool: Download Beta Flashy v0.2 [to flash using the first method]
Before trying to upgrade via the given method, make sure to check for the new software update manually by using hicare app.
1st Method: Instructions:
- First, you need to download EMUI 10 Beta Flashy v0.2 and extract on your PC’
- Download the firmware and extract it inside the same flashing tool extracted area.
- You need to enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging on your device
- Once you have enabled OEM unlocking, now open the flashy tool and run the Flash.bat file inside it.
- This will now flash the Android 9 Pie on Huawei Nova 5 Pro
- Once it is done! Reboot your device and enjoy the Android 10 EMUI 10.0 beta.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed the Android Pie.
2nd Method: Instructions:How to use Huawei Smartphone Multi Download tool
3rd Method: Instructions:
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
I hope this guide was helpful enough to flash the Huawei Nova 5 Pro Android 10 Update.
Huawei Nova 5 Pro Specifications:
Huawei Nova 5 Pro features a 6.39 inches AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 Pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55 HiSilicon Kirin 980 7 nm processor coupled with 8GB of RAM. The phone packs 128/256GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 512GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Nova 5 Pro comes with Triple 48MP + 16MP + 2MP, Dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR and 32MP front shooting camera.
Huawei Nova 5 Pro runs on Android 9.0 Pie and backed by Li-Po 3500 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has Fingerprint sensor under display. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.