Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is a much-awaited FPS title in 2022 after the massive hit of its first part, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2019). Initially, the game arrived in the early beta stage, and players thoroughly enjoyed it. But somehow, this AAA title has several issues for the PC version that we can’t deny. Meanwhile, the COD: Modern Warfare 2 blurry graphics Issue on the PC is troubling the players during the gaming sessions.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims of such an issue, follow this troubleshooting guide completely to fix it. As the launch of MWII didn’t go smoothly enough for all, unfortunate players are experiencing many troubles such as crashes, graphical glitches, voice chats not working, frame rate drops, lags, stutters, and so on. Therefore, it often prevents players from enjoying the gameplay, which becomes frustrating now.
How to Fix Modern Warfare 2 Blurry Graphics Issue
Recently, plenty of COD: MWII players have complained about the blurred graphics issue in the gameplay, which doesn’t look good and affects the FPS sessions too. It mostly occurs on the PC version, and even if the graphics settings are configured to recommended, this specific issue can appear at any time. Luckily, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should be handy. So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Keep the Stable Nvidia GPU Driver
It’s also worth recommending using the Nvidia GeForce App for v516.59 or v522.25 drivers to minimize the stability issues with the Call of Duty MWII until the new patch update arrives.
We've noticed some stability issues with the latest NVIDIA drivers 526.47 on Call of Duty #MWII. For now we'd suggest you keep the 516.59, or 522.25 drivers.
— BeenoxCODPC (@BeenoxCODPC) October 27, 2022
2. Adjust Render Resolution and Display Mode
Some of the players have mentioned that after restarting MWII, the Display Mode & Render Resolution becomes reset to the default automatically. Whereas the game also looks blurry if the Render Resolution in the Graphics Settings is below 100%. You can follow the steps below to adjust the same.
- Launch Call of Duty: MWII > Go to in-game Settings.
- Go to Display > Try changing the Display mode to Fullscreen.
- Go to the Quality tab > Change the Render Resolution to 100%.
- Head to the Details & Textures section > Turn On the On Demand Texture Streaming option.
- Next, set Allocated Texture Size to High > Turn Off Enable Download Limits.
- Under the Post Processing Effects tab, Turn Off World Motion Blur & Weapon Motion Blur.
- Set Film Grain to 0 (zero) > Once done, relaunch the game to check for the issue.
3. Use a Dedicated Graphics Card
First, using the dedicated graphics card on the PC is highly recommended to run graphics-intensive games like COD MWII smoothly. It’ll reduce game stutters, lags, and frame drops. If you don’t know which settings you need to adjust then follow the steps below.
You can do the following if you’re using the Nvidia graphics card.
- Right-click on the desktop blank screen > Click on NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Click on 3D settings > Select Manage 3D settings in the left pane.
- Select the Program Settings tab.
- Choose COD Modern Warfare II from the drop-down list.
- Now, select a High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Save changes and reboot the PC to apply changes.
AMD graphics card users can do the following.
- Right-click on the Desktop blank screen > Select AMD Radeon Settings from the context menu.
- Now, click on System > Select Switchable Graphics.
- Make sure to save changes and reboot the PC to apply changes.
4. Update GPU Drivers
An outdated or corrupted graphics card driver can trigger multiple game or system performance issues while running programs. It’s highly recommended to check the graphics driver update. To do so:
- Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re currently using.
- Click on Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If the latest update is available, it’ll automatically download & install the latest version.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes immediately.
Alternatively, you can manually download the latest graphics driver version and install it on the PC via the official website. Download the graphics driver file respective to your graphics card model and manufacturer. Nvidia graphics card users can update the GeForce Experience app via the Nvidia official site, and AMD graphics card users can visit the AMD website for the same. While Intel graphics users can visit here.
5. Repair Game Files
Sometimes corrupted or missing game files on the PC may trigger some issues with the game launching or running smoothly. Make sure to verify the game files and repair them via the Steam or Battle.net client by following the steps below:
- Open the Steam client on the PC and log into the account > Head over to Library.
- Right-click on the COD Modern Warfare II game from the left pane.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Local Files tab.
- Then click on Verify Integrity of game files…
- Now, wait for the process to complete, and close the Steam client.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes.
- Open the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Click on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II game.
- Now, click on OPTIONS (Gear icon) > Click on Scan and Repair.
- Choose Begin Scan and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, close the Battle.net launcher, and restart your PC.
6. Update COD Modern Warfare II
In some scenarios, updating the game version is always a better idea because an outdated game patch version can trigger several potential issues on the gaming device that lead to crashes, lags, stutters, CPU/GPU-related issues, and more. To do so:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on COD Modern Warfare II from the list of installed games on the left pane.
- Now, the client will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on the Update option.
- Wait for a couple of minutes or so until the game update completes. [Depends on the storage space and internet connectivity]
- Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and launch the COD Modern Warfare 2 game again.
- Open the Battle.net (Blizzard) launcher.
- Click on the Blizzard logo from the top left corner.
- Go to Settings > Click on Game Install/Update.
- Click on Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games to enable it.
- Now, click on Done to save changes > Restart the Battle.net launcher to apply changes.
- It should automatically update the game to the available version.
7. Tweak In-Game Graphics Settings
You can also change the in-game graphics settings to check whether the problem is still appearing. Some in-game graphics settings may help you play the game better and achieve a higher framerates count. Just head over to the COD Modern Warfare II graphics settings menu and then follow the settings or tweaks below to check for the issue.
- Display Adaptor: Select your graphics card
- Screen Refresh Rate: Refresh rate of your monitor
- Display Resolution: Native resolution of the monitor
- Dynamic Resolution: Off
- Aspect Ratio: Automatic
- V-Sync (Gameplay): Off
- V-Sync (Menus): Off
- Display Gamma: 2.2 (sRGB)
- Brightness: 55
- Focused Mode: Off
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): Off
- Quality Presets: Recommended
- Render Resolution: 100
- Fidelity CAS: On
- AMD Fideltity CAS Strength: 75
- Anti-Aliasing: SMAA T2X
- Nearby Level of Detail: High
- Texture Resolution: Medium
- Texture Filter Anisotropic: Low
- Particle Quality: High
- Bullet Impacts & Sprays: On
- Shader Quality: Low
- Tessellation: Nearby Only
- On-Demand Texture Streaming: On
- Streaming Quality: Low
- Shadow Map Resolution: Low
- Spot Shadow Quality: Low
- Cache Spot Shadows: On
- Cashe Sun Shadows: On
- Particle Lighting: Normal
- Ambient Occlusion: Off
- SSR: Off
- NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency: On + Boost
- Depth of Field: Off
- World Motion Blur: Off
- Weapon Motion Blur: Off
- Film Grain: 0.00
- Field of View: 110
- ADS Field of View: Affected
- Weapon Field of View: Wide
- 3rd Person Field of View: 80
- Vehicle Field of View: Default
- 1st Person Camera Movement: 100
- 3rd Person Camera Movement: 100
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.