Many users are facing a new error in Modern Warfare 2. The error code is MILDENHALL – NECK. This error generally occurs to those playing the shooter mode, causing logging out from the game, crashing, etc. The users are very frustrated with the issue. They cannot play the game properly, but their game progress is not saved.
Modern Warfare 2 is performing well in the gaming market. The players love the game very much. It is a first-person shooter game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision.
Today we are here with the guide where we will mention the steps through which you will be able to resolve the problem. We will also list the reasons why you are facing this issue. Continue reading till the end to learn about the methods and reason.
- Possible Reasons For Error Code MILDENHALL – NECK in Modern Warfare 2
- How To Fix Error Code MILDENHALL – NECK in Modern Warfare 2
- 1. Check the Internet Connection
- 2. Restart the Game
- 3. Restart the Device
- 4. Update the Network Driver
- 5. Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
- 6. Disable Antivirus Software
- 7. Disable Windows Firewall
- 8. Change Network DNS Settings
- 9. Check For Windows Updates
- 10. Check For Optional Updates
- 11. Run The Game in Administrator Mode
- 12. Reset The Game
- 13. Close Unnecessary Background Apps
- 14. Update The Game
- 15. Reinstall The Game
- 16. Check Server Status
Possible Reasons For Error Code MILDENHALL – NECK in Modern Warfare 2
Many users face this issue while playing the game in shooter mode. The players are in the match and suddenly an error code appears after which the game crashes or the accounts get logged out. As Modern Warfare 2 has been released recently, thus, there are chances of this type of bug. There are many different reasons available for it. We will list them out below. So, make sure to check them.
- Your system doesn’t meet the minimum requirements.
- Your system does not have sufficient storage.
- Your game is not installed properly.
- There are some bugs in the installed game files.
- There are some issues with the startup files.
How To Fix Error Code MILDENHALL – NECK in Modern Warfare 2
If you are facing the issue, then we are here with the methods through which you can fix the problem. We have tried to list all the possible methods to help resolve the issue.
1. Check the Internet Connection
The first method you can follow to resolve the issue is to check the Internet Connection. You should have a strong internet connection for the game to work. We’ll advise you to use an internet speed test to determine your connection’s speed. There are numerous websites where you may check your internet connection speed. Without a proper internet connection, the game files are likely not to be loaded and you may face the issue.
High-speed internet access is necessary for the game. Consequently, ensure that your internet connection is steady. Try using a different network connection to see if that improves the stability or speed of the internet. You can also try restarting your router. Disconnect the devices that are connected to the router. Turn off the router and, after some time, turn it on. After that, connect your PC to the router and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
2. Restart the Game
If you are facing issues with your game, then the first thing that you should try is to restart the game. Restarting the game will help in again loading all of its startup files properly, through which there are chances that the issue will be resolved. Thus, we will suggest that you should restart the game and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
3. Restart the Device
Restarting the device can resolve any bugs it may be experiencing. Restarting the device is the next approach we recommend to fix the problem. Users may experience difficulties playing games because of issues with the device. So give this approach a try and see if it resolves your issue.
4. Update the Network Driver
The next method you can try to resolve the issue is updating the Network Driver. Your network driver needs to be updated for the game to operate without any issues. Sometimes, we neglect to update the network driver, which causes problems with the game’s functionality. First, update the network driver using the instructions below if you haven’t already done so.
- Head to the Start menu.
- Use the search bar to look up “Device Manager.”
- A network choice will be visible on the screen. It can be expanded by clicking it twice.
- Then “right-click” on your network driver.
- A driver update option will now be visible; select it.
- Follow the steps displayed on the screen to finish the update.
- Restart the device after the update is finished.
5. Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
There are possibilities that the game might be facing this issue because of the corrupted or missing files. This can happen when the game is being installed, and some modules might not have been properly installed in the game files. You can fix this easily by the Steam game store. The Steam game store has a feature to check and repair the game files. You can easily do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Open Start Menu.
- Type “Steam” in the search bar.
- Now, open the app and go to Library.
- Select the game and click on the three dots available there.
- After it, select Properties.
- Head over to the Local Files.
- You will see the option of “Verify Integrity of Game Files”.
- Click on it and wait for the process to get completed.
- Now, again run the game and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
6. Disable Antivirus Software
The issue might also cause if your antivirus apps are causing conflicts with the game file. Many users have reported that they tried running the game by disabling the antivirus, and they resolved this issue.
In this case, the antivirus installed on your PC might be blocking the files of the game to maintain the PC’s security. It might happen if they suspect some malicious activity or response. Therefore, we will suggest that you should disable your antivirus and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
7. Disable Windows Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall can also be a reason for the error message of the game. The work of the Windows Firewall is to block game files if they suspect any malicious activity with them. It is done to protect your system from malicious threats.
This issue can occur if your Windows Firewall has suspected some different response from the server of the Rockstar game and blocked it. However, you can easily fix this to run the game by disabling the Windows Defender Firewall on your PC. Follow the steps which are given below to disable the Windows Defender Firewall from your system.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type “Windows Defender Firewall” in the search bar.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search results.
- After it, click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)” option.
- You have to do this for both your Private and Public Networks.
- Now, click on OK to save changes.
- Restart the PC and check whether the game started running properly.
8. Change Network DNS Settings
There are possibilities that the DNS settings that you are using might not be correct and can be causing issues in the game from requesting responses. We suggest you cross-check the DNS settings or change them to resolve the issue. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- First of all, Press Windows + R key to open Run.
- Type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter that you are using.
- After it, select Properties.
- Double-click on the Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Copy your existing DNS server addresses properly for both the Preferred & Alternate DNS Server.
- Now, replace it with 126.96.36.199 for Preferred and 188.8.131.52 for Alternate DNS.
- Click OK to confirm the selection, and then click OK again to save the changes.
- After it, restart your computer and check whether the issue has been resolved.
9. Check For Windows Updates
Windows updates are also important to avoid this type of issue in the game. Users had reported that this occurred while running the game on their outdated windows. When they have updated to the latest one, the issue is resolved. It is because the Windows updates also contain updates for the network drivers, which are necessary to install. If you have not updated the windows and have some pending updates on your PC, you will likely face this issue with your game. Follow the steps given below to check for updates on your computer.
- Press Windows + I key to open Settings on your computer.
- Click on Windows Update on the left pane of the screen.
- After it, click on Check For Updates.
- If an update is available, click on the Download Now button to download the available updates on your system.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
- After that, restart the PC, and check whether the black screen issue has been resolved or not.
10. Check For Optional Updates
The optional update is another important factor in running the game without any issues. This update includes important drivers update for the PC through which the apps and games run smoothly on your PC. You must follow the steps below to check for optional updates on your computer.
- First of all, press the Windows + I Key to open Settings.
- Click on Windows Update on the left pane of the screen.
- Select the Advanced Option.
- Now, scroll down and look for the Optional Updates option.
- Select it and check whether there are updates available or not. If an update is available, download it and wait for the process to complete.
- After it, restart your PC and check whether the issue is resolved.
11. Run The Game in Administrator Mode
Many users have reported that they could fix the issue by running it in Administrator mode. The administrator mode will give the game all the necessary authority required to run it properly. So, if any of the game files are not able to work properly will start running properly on your system and you will be able to resolve the issue. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Select the Modern Warfare 2 game application file you use to start the game.
- Right-click on it and click on the “Run as Administrator” option.
If the game runs perfectly after doing this, you might have issues with your account control settings. As the game is running perfectly, we suggest that you do the settings permanently so that you don’t have to repeat the steps every time you start the game. You can easily do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Again, right-click on the game file.
- Now, select Properties.
- Click on Compatibility Tab.
- Select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Now, click on Apply and OK Buttons to save the changes.
12. Reset The Game
You can try fixing the issue by resetting the game from your Windows. Follow the steps which are given below to do this.
- Open Settings on your PC.
- Now, click on Apps on the left pane of the screen.
- Select the Apps & Features option.
- Search for the game and click on the three dots on the right side by selecting the game.
- Now, click on Advanced options.
- Scroll down and select the Reset option.
- After doing this, check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
13. Close Unnecessary Background Apps
There are some possibilities that the game might not get sufficient resources to run properly on your PC. It might occur if there are a lot of apps running in the background. Those apps running in the background will occupy some memory in the RAM, graphics, and other parts due to which the game will not have the proper resources to work smoothly. We will suggest that you should close all the unnecessary apps which are running in the background. Follow the steps which are given below to do so.
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL key.
- Now, select Task Manager.
- Click on More details to see the processes.
- Now, select the app which is not necessary to run in the background.
- Right-click on the app and select End Task.
14. Update The Game
There are a lot of users who are facing this issue with their games. As they have reported this to the developers, they will work on fixing this issue. The crashing issue can sometimes cause conflicts between the game and system files. The developers can only fix this. Therefore, we suggest that you regularly check for updates for the game to see if there are some new updates available. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- First of all, open the Start Menu on your PC.
- Type “Steam” in the search bar.
- Click on the best relevant result.
- Go to Library.
- Select the game and right-click on it.
- After it, you will see the option of “Update”.
- In case there is any update available, then click to download it.
- Now, wait for the process to get completed.
- After it, restart your system and check whether the crashing game issue is fixed.
15. Reinstall The Game
Even after implementing all the methods listed above does not work for you, we suggest that you reinstall the game to fix this problem on your PC or console. It is the last method you can try to resolve this issue on your game.
Many users have reported that they could fix this issue after reinstalling the game on their PC or console. This is because when you uninstall the game, all the files and settings will be deleted from your PC.
After it, when you install the game again, all the files will be installed properly on your PC, allowing you to fix the issue. So, we suggest you do this if none of the above methods worked for you. After uninstalling the game, restart your laptop/console and delete all the game files from your PC.
16. Check Server Status
If you are still getting the error code, we suggest you check the server status of the Modern Warfare 2 game. There are chances that the game might not be working properly due to the server issue, and you are trying to resolve it by following other methods. Thus, we will suggest that you keep an eye on the game’s server status to ensure everything is fine from their end.
Modern Warfare 2 has gained much popularity in a concise period. The players are tuned into the game every day for fun. But the error codes can ruin the experience. However, you can solve them easily by following the methods that we have listed. Follow them and make sure to implement them properly.
If you have any doubts, we will gladly help you through the comment section below. That’s it, see you at the next one.