Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is doing well in sales compared to COD Vanguard and Black Ops Cold War. Meanwhile, plenty of active players are encountering several performance-related and graphical issues that we can’t deny. Multiple reports show that the screen tearing issue, flickering, and, most importantly, white screen flashing issue are troubling. Well, you can easily fix COD Modern Warfare 2 white screen problem.
If you’re one of the victims of such an issue, follow this troubleshooting guide completely to fix it. Screen flickering and white screen issues can be too frustrating depending on how frequently or consistently it happens during gaming sessions. It looks like vertical sync, outdated graphics drivers, issues with the corrupted or missing game files, outdated game version, etc, can be possible reasons behind such an issue.
Fix: COD Modern Warfare 2 White Screen Problem
The chances are high that your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 game is having some conflict while running on the PC and causing the white screen issue quite often. It’s always better to manually go through a couple of workarounds mentioned below that can help you out. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Enable V-SYNC or Vertical Refresh
First of all, you should try enabling the vertical sync on Nvidia graphics or vertical refresh on AMD graphics to ensure there is no issue with the white screen of the COD Modern Warfare 2 game. You can follow the steps below to do so:
For Nvidia GPU:
- Right-click on your desktop screen > Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to 3D Settings > Go to Manage 3D Settings.
- Change Vertical Sync to ON > Once done, try launching the game.
For AMD GPU:
- Right-click on the desktop screen > Go to AMD Radeon Settings.
- Change Wait for Vertical Refresh to Always On.
2. Update GPU Drivers
Next, you can try upgrading the graphics driver on your Windows system to ensure there is no issue with the outdated version. To do so:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change the effects.
Alternatively, you can manually download the latest version of the graphics driver and install it directly from the official website respective to your graphics card manufacturer.
3. Run the game on a Dedicated GPU
It’s highly recommended to run the game on the dedicated (external) graphics card on your desktop machine so that the game can run smoothly. If you’re using an AMD CPU that has an inbuilt HD GPU, it may not be able to run the game properly. To do so:
For Nvidia GPU:
- Right-click on the desktop screen > Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to 3D Settings > Click on Manage 3D Settings.
- Open Program Settings > Select COD: Modern Warfare 2 from the list.
- Now, select Preferred graphics processor for this program from the list.
- Once done, you can see High-Performance Nvidia Processor.
- Make sure to save changes and reboot the PC.
For AMD GPU:
- Right-click on the desktop screen > Open AMD Radeon Settings.
- Head over to Additional Settings > Go to Preferences.
- Click on Power > Click on Switchable Graphics Application Settings.
- Select COD: Modern Warfare 2 from the list. [If the game is not visible, select Add Application to include the game]
- Once done, select High Performance from Graphics Settings.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes.
4. Tweak Nvidia Control Panel
It’s also recommended to tweak the Nvidia Control Panel settings on the Windows computer. To do so:
- Right-click on the desktop screen to open the context menu.
- Click on Show more options > Select Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click on Manage 3D Settings from the left pane > Go to Program Settings from the right pane.
- Now, click on Add > Search and select COD: Modern Warfare 2 from the list.
- Click on Add Selected Program to include it in the list.
- Finally, you can close the Nvidia Control Panel window, and check for the COD Modern Warfare 2 White Screen problem.
5. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
You should also verify and repair the installed game file on the PC by following the steps below. It’ll be easy for you to check whether the game files do have issues with the missing or corrupted file. It’s needless to say that missing or corrupted game files on the PC may trouble players a lot.
- Open the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Click on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II game.
- Now, click on OPTIONS (Gear icon) > Click on Scan and Repair.
- Choose Begin Scan and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, close the Battle.net launcher, and restart your PC.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on COD: Modern Warfare II from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Next, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- This process may take some time to get completed. So, have some patience.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
6. Update Elden Ring
Checking for the game updates on your PC is highly recommended by following the steps below. It’ll ensure that no outdated game version is available on the device, which can trouble you. To do that:
- Open the Battle.net (Blizzard) launcher.
- Click on the Blizzard logo from the top left corner.
- Go to Settings > Click on Game Install/Update.
- Click on Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games to enable it.
- Now, click on Done to save changes > Restart the Battle.net launcher to apply changes.
- It should automatically update the game to the available version.
- Open Steam and go to Library.
- Click on COD: Modern Warfare II from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.