Netflix is among the top OTT platforms on which you can watch movies, web series, and originals. The best part about Netflix is that it is compatible with Android, iOS, and PC. However, like any application on the internet, Netflix is also prone to bugs and glitches. And this post is about one of the many issues surrounding Netflix, i.e., Netflix not working on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or 13 Max.
With the implementation of the work-from-home concept, Netflix has become the go-to platform to divert our minds from official work. Here you can find some of the best series ever released, like Money Heist, Stranger Things, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and many more. However, various Netflix issues act as a barrier between entertainment and
In this post, we will talk about a very common issue that iOS users face nowadays. Many iPhone users have reported that Netflix is not working on the latest iPhone 13 series. To be more precise, Netflix is not working on the iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or 13 Pro Max. Thankfully, you can try different effective workarounds to try to fix the problem. So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
- How to Fix Netflix Not Working on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or Pro Max?
- Fix 1: Check Your Internet Connection
- Fix 2: Check Whether Netflix Is Down
- Fix 3: Force Turn-Off the Netflix App
- Fix 4: Download the Latest Version of the Netflix App
- Fix 5: Correct iPhone 13 Series’ Date and Time
- Fix 6: Restart Your iPhone 13 Series
- Fix 7: Remove Netflix Content and Privacy Restrictions
- Fix 8: Reinstall Netflix Application
- Fix 9: Sign Out of All Devices
- Fix 10: Reset Settings of Your iPhone 13 Series
- Final Words
How to Fix Netflix Not Working on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or Pro Max?
No matter how technical the problem may seem, it’s quite easy to fix Netflix not working on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or Pro Max issues. As there isn’t any specific solution released by the developers of Netflix or iOS for this problem, you might have to go through all the workarounds to get rid of the problem. So, let’s check out all the fixes one by one.
Fix 1: Check Your Internet Connection
The very first thing that you should do whenever you face a Netflix not working on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or 13 Pro max problem is to check your internet connection. Sometimes the problem lies with our internet connection, and we start cursing the application and our smartphone without checking it. The same is the case with Netflix and the iPhone 13 series. The probability is high that the problem will be with your internet connection, and you are wondering what’s wrong with Netflix or your iOS device.
To cross-check your internet connection, You can open any browser and visit “Getdroidtips”. If you are able to visit the website, then it indicates that your internet is working fine. And the problem lies with either Netflix or your device. However, if you are not able to visit the website, then it’s a clear indication that your internet is not working.
Fix 2: Check Whether Netflix Is Down
One of the main reasons that can be responsible for Netflix not working on your iPhone 13 series is that the Netflix servers are down. Netflix servers can go down when something is going on in the background of the platform. Or, when developers are uploading any new updates.
As a solution to it, you can ask your friends to check whether Netflix is working on their smartphones or not. You can even use it on Twitter, and check whether any tweet is trending related to Netflix servers. But in case you don’t want to do either of these things, you can visit the Netflix website to check whether everything is okay with Netflix servers or not.
Fix 3: Force Turn-Off the Netflix App
If Netflix servers are not experiencing an interruption to their streaming service, then it is an indication that something is wrong with your device. In such a case, one of the best workarounds that you can try is to force close the Netflix app. Force closing an application will clear all the bugs and glitches that revolve around that application on your smartphone. So, here are the steps you need to follow to force turn off the Netflix app on the iPhone 13 series.
- If you have enabled Face ID lock on your iPhone 13 series, then swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hold it for a few seconds. And if you have enabled the home button lock, just double-press the home button.
- The recent app window will open up. Just drag the Netflix application to force close it.
That’s it. Wait for 1 minute, then reopen the Netflix application and check if you are still facing the problem or not. If not, you are good to go. However, if the problem persists, continue with the article.
Fix 4: Download the Latest Version of the Netflix App
It’s always recommended to keep updating any application installed on your iOS device. As it might be the case, developers are already aware of the problem you are facing and have fixed it in their latest patch update. As a result, no matter what OS version of smartphone you use, always keep all applications updated if you want to avoid bugs and glitches. Nevertheless, here are the steps you need to follow to update the Netflix application on your iPhone 13.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone 13 series.
- In the search bar, type “Netflix.”
- Check if there are any updates available for the application. If yes, tap on the “update” option present just next to the Netflix icon.
Wait a few seconds until the device downloads the latest update. Once done, re-launch the Netflix application and check whether the problem continues.
Fix 5: Correct iPhone 13 Series’ Date and Time
I don’t know what the reason is, but yes, Netflix will not work if the device doesn’t have the correct date and time. As a solution to it, make sure that your iPhone 13 series has the correct date and time. So, here are the steps you need to follow to update the date and time on the iPhone 13 series.
- Head over to the Settings app on your iPhone 13 series.
- Click on “General.”
- From the list of options, tap on Date and Time.
- Here you will find three options. Make sure the set up automatically option is turned on. If not, enable it to fix Netflix not working on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or Pro Max problems.
Once done, restart your device and check whether the problem is fixed.
Fix 6: Restart Your iPhone 13 Series
Restarting the device is another effective way via which you can fix any minor issue that revolves around your device. Restarting not only boosts the overall system performance but also permanently deletes any bugs and glitches that may cause major problems in the future. So, here are the steps you need to follow to restart your iPhone 13 series.
- Head over to the Settings app on your iPhone 13 series.
- Tap on the General option.
- Select Shutdown.
Wait a few minutes before turning on your iPhone 13 series. Re-launch Netflix, and check if you are still facing the issue. If so, move on to the next fix.
Fix 7: Remove Netflix Content and Privacy Restrictions
We all know how much Apple values the privacy of its users. Keeping this in mind, they introduced a feature called “Content and Privacy” restriction that automatically blocks any inappropriate content. So, if you have watched any inappropriate content on Netflix that can be harmful to your privacy, as for Apple, it will automatically move Netflix under this feature. As a workaround to it, you will have to manually remove Netflix from this feature if you want to continue watching your favorite movies and web series. So, here are the steps you need to follow to remove Netflix from content and privacy restrictions.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone 13 series.
- Select the Screen Time option.
- Scroll down, and choose the “Content and Privacy Restrictions” option.
- Here, you will find a toggle just next to the content and privacy restriction features. If it’s enabled, turn it off to fix Netflix’s problem.
Once done, restart your device and check if the problem is solved or not.
Fix 8: Reinstall Netflix Application
Reinstalling Netflix is another effective method to fix the problem that you are currently facing with this training application. So, here are the steps you need to follow to install the Netflix application on the iPhone 13 series.
- Long press on the Netflix application present on the home screen.
- A new window will pop up. From the list of options, tap on Delete App.
- Now, restart your device.
- Once done, head over to the App Store on your iPhone 13 series.
- In the search bar, type “Netflix” and press enter.
- Click on the download option present just next to the Netflix app to install Netflix on your device.
Login to Netflix using your credentials. Check if you are still facing the problem or not.
Fix 9: Sign Out of All Devices
As you might be aware, it doesn’t matter which subscription plan you choose, there’s a certain limitation on the number of screens you can watch simultaneously. If you have purchased the basic plan, you only get the option to stream on one screen. The standard plan offers streaming on two devices. And if you have purchased the premium plan, four people can stream at the same time.
So, if Netflix is being streamed on more screens than permitted, then in such a case, you will face Netflix not working on iPhone 13 series problems. As a workaround to it, you will have to remove some devices to fix the problem. Here are the steps you need to follow to bring everything back to normal.
- Open any web browser on your iPhone 13 series.
- Now, go to netflix.com on it.
- Tap on the “aA” present in the top left corner.
- From the list of options, select Request desktop website.
- Netflix settings will pop up. Tap on “Recent device streaming activity” to see a list of all users who are using your account.
- Now, come back to the settings menu again, and select the “sign out of all the devices” option present just below the recent device streaming activity.
That’s it. Your Netflix account is now signed out of all the devices. Log in again using your credentials, and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 10: Reset Settings of Your iPhone 13 Series
Resetting everything should be the last workaround that you should try to fix the Netflix not working on iPhone 13,13 Pro, or 13 Pro max problem. By following this workaround, you will lose everything, including your Wi-Fi password, VPN configuration, home screen layout, keyboard settings, and much more. So, make sure you have everything backed up on any secondary device. Nevertheless, here are the steps you need to follow to reset the settings on your iPhone 13 series.
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone 13 series.
- Select General and then tap on Reset.
- Choose the “Reset all settings” option.
- Now enter the password for your device.
- In the next window, a confirmation window will pop up. There, tap on “Reset all settings.”
Once done, install Netflix, log in with your credentials, and you will see that the problem is fixed.
This was how to fix Netflix not working on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or 13 Pro Max. Let us know whether the problem was fixed or not. You can also share any other method using which you were able to fix the problem. Moreover, feel free to share your favorite Netflix series in the comment section.