Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (codename: voyager) launched in July 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Today we will guide on How to Install OmniROM on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus. This ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to unlock bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably might be waiting for Custom ROM for Sony Xperia XA2 Plus. If yes, then here is the popular custom ROM known as Omni ROM.
What’s on OmniROM?
Omni ROM is the latest Custom ROM developed by many developers whom you may already know including Chainfire, Xplodwild, and Dees_Troy. This ROM is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and developed with lots of customization, features, and enhancement. Just like every other custom ROM, Omni ROM also has some unique features:
- Flippable Quick Settings
- Roadrunner mode
- Daydream enhancements
- Integrated Performance Control
- 3D depth Phase Beam
- Download 50.1.A.13.83 September 2018 Security for Xperia XA2, XA2 Ultra and XA2 Plus
- Sony Xperia XA2 Plus: Android 9.0 Pie Update
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Sony Xperia XA2 Plus
In this guide, we will help you to install Omni ROM on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager). Full Credits to the developer and Omni ROM team.
Now download and install OmniROM on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus. This is an Unofficial Omni ROM built from source code by XDA member. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus by flashing the Stock Firmware.
Remember this is not a stable ROM, but still, you can use it as a daily driver. In Case if you find any issue, you can revert back. The ROM is under development stage, the developer may soon release the stable version anytime soon.
To Install OmniROM on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install TWRP Recovery on your Sony Xperia XA2 Plus.
Download ROM Package
Android 9.0 Pie based OmniROM
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
|Download ROM here
Download Any Gapps from below:
Steps to Install OmniROM on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager)
Follow the pre-requisites to install OmniROM on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager)
- This will work on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Install the Latest Sony USB Drivers.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Instal
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus
- Now install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Omni Oreo ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the OmniROM on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: Scanno