For Windows 11, Windows Hello is one of the secure options to sign in. This option is more secure than other sign-in options available such as facial recognition, PIN, or fingerprint recognition.
You can easily remove or set up the Windows Hello PIN sign-in option. But this option might fade out in some Windows 11 PCs, and you cannot configure the same. If you encounter such an issue, this article will provide you with a perfect solution for it.
There are 2 ways to fix the “Remove PIN Option Greyed out in Windows 11” error. Let us find those out.
Method 1: Disable the option “Only allow Windows Hello sign-in”
So, you have encountered the Remove PIN Option Greyed out in Windows 11 issue in your Windows 11. To resolve this issue, you can try disabling the “only allow Windows Hello sign-in” from the settings menu.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Firstly, press the Windows + I altogether to launch the settings app.
- Now select the Accounts settings from the left bar menu.
- In the right pane, select Sign-in Options.
- Then hover to the Additional Settings section in the newly opened window and see the toggle beside the “For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device (Recommended)” is switched to On or Off.
- If this switch is turned On, toggle it Off.
- Now the Windows Hello PIN Remove button is enabled so that you can delete the Windows Hello PIN easily.
The other way around configuring this problem is shown below.
Method 2: Use the forgot PIN option
If you are unable to find the “only allow Windows Hello sign-in,” then you can use this method. Before going ahead with the same, make sure to add a user account password, then follow the below steps to configure and tackle the issue.
- Firstly, press the Windows + I altogether open the Setting app.
- From the left sidebar menu, select the Accounts tab.
- On the right-side menu, select the Sign-in option. Then click on the PIN (Windows Hello) option.
- Now click on the I forgot my PIN link beside the Related links option.
- Click on the Continue button when the Microsoft Account window opens up.
- Now Windows will ask your identity, type in the Microsoft password. After doing this, you will be asked to set up a new PIN.
- Now just click the Cancel button and close the window. Now your Windows will delete the current Windows Hello PIN from the system in no time.
So, these were the 2 ways in which you can fix and tackle the Remove PIN Option Greyed out in Windows 11 issue. We hope we have assisted you in providing you with the correct solution for the same. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave a comment in the below comment box.