Insomniac Games and Sony Interactive Entertainment did come up with an action-adventure video game called Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales back in 2020 which is available for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 exclusively. If you’re one of the Spider-Man Miles Morales players on your PS4 or PS5 console and facing some kind of Screen Flickering or Tearing Issue quite frequently then you should check out this troubleshooting guide to fix it completely.
These days screen flickering, screen tearing, lags, stutters, crashes, etc may happen a lot due to plenty of possible reasons not only for the PC version but also for consoles. Developers might be aware of this issue but the chances are high that even after receiving a couple of patch updates, you’re still encountering the in-game bugs or stability issues whatsoever. Now, such issues may appear either during startup or even during the gameplay sessions.
Fix: Spider-Man Miles Morales Screen Flickering or Tearing Issue
Meanwhile, there are some reports on Reddit has been surfaced for the last couple of years that the screen tearing and shimmering issue becomes one of the most common issues among Spider-Man Miles Morales console players. Whereas some reports are suggesting that even after trying out another monitor or TV or re-plugging HDMI did fix the issue for a few of the affected players, but not for everyone.
Sometimes simply rebooting the game twice in a quick session can also help console users easily fix the screen flickering issue. Therefore, you should try it out before jumping into other methods below. Luckily, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should come in handy. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Try Using Another TV or Monitor
You should try using another TV or monitor whatever screen you’re using to check whether the screen flickering issue is still bothering you or not. Some affected Spider-Man Miles Morales players have tried this step and found it useful.
2. Try Changing HDMI Cable
You can also try changing the HDMI cable or simply unplugging the HDMI cable from the display device and plugging back into it. This should fix the temporary connectivity or screen glitches in some cases.
3. Change Video Output and Resolution
Make sure to change the video output and video resolution on the settings menu by following the steps below:
- Press and hold down the PlayStation console’s power button for around six seconds.
- Now, connect your PlayStation controller via USB-C cable to the console > Press the PS button on the controller.
- Make sure to press the joystick or D-pad down to the second option to highlight ‘Change Video Output’.
- Select the first option to ‘Change Resolution’.
- Then select ‘OK’ on the next screen to restart your PS4/PS5.
- Next, select the video resolution that typically suits your TV or ‘Automatic’ to let the PS5 determine this.
- If you opt to manually choose your resolution then the next screen may ask you to select your transfer rate from ‘Automatic’, ‘-1’, or ‘-2’ options.
4. Check System Updates
It’s recommended to update the PS4/PS5 system software to avoid graphical glitches or lags. You can follow the steps below to install the update.
- Head over to Settings > Hit System.
- Select System Software > Hit System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update System Software > Select Update Using Internet.
5. Update Spider-Man Miles Morales
If you haven’t updated the Spider-Man Miles Morales video game on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console for a while then make sure to update it by following the steps below:
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to Spider-Man Miles Morales and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
6. Re-Enable Motion Blur
No matter whether you’ve turned on or off the Motion Blur option in the game settings menu. Just make sure to re-enable the Motion Blur option again. If it’s already turned on then simply turn it off and on again. Some reports are also suggesting that this trick can fix the screen flickering or tearing issue.
As mentioned, a fix for the Spider-Man Miles Morales screen shimmering issue will be rolled out soon by the developers genuinely. Till then, we’ll have to wait for it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.