The Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo, codenamed s3ve3g and also known as i9301i, was released in 2014 with Android 4.3 Jellybean as its operating system. It was later upgraded to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Recently, the official TWRP recovery support was made available for this device. In this guide, we will provide both written instructions and a video tutorial to help you install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy S3 Neo quickly. Before proceeding, it’s important to note that you need to unlock your device’s bootloader first.
Most smartphone manufacturers provide locked bootloaders for their devices due to security concerns. Therefore, in order to install any third-party files, you need to unlock the bootloader. Once you have done this, you can install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Galaxy S3 Neo device and also root it. TWRP Recovery offers various features such as Nandroid backups, system/data/cache wiping, and more.
To install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy S3 Neo, you need to download the required files and follow the instructions carefully. It’s important to ensure that you have followed all the steps correctly in order to avoid any issues during the installation process. With TWRP Recovery installed, you can enjoy greater flexibility and control over your Galaxy S3 Neo device.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
The Team Win Recovery Project, also known as TWRP, is an open-source custom recovery software designed for Android devices. Unlike the stock recovery images that come with Android devices, TWRP offers a user-friendly touchscreen interface that enables users to install third-party firmware and create backups of their current system. These are features that are often not supported by stock recovery images. Overall, TWRP is a powerful tool that allows users to take greater control of their Android devices.
- You can flash Custom ROM on Galaxy S3 Neo using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Galaxy S3 Neo
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 Neo
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 Neo.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 Neo (s3ve3g)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are only supported for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo (s3ve3g) model. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- USB Drivers: Samsung USB Drivers
- Download ODIN Flash Tool and install it on your PC
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
|Version||V3.7.0 and Higher|
Method: ODIN Flash Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Now, run the Odin tool as an administrator on your PC.
- We assume that you’ve already installed the ODIN tool.
- Now, run the Odin tool as an administrator on your PC.
- Reboot your Samsung device into Download mode.
- Simply connect your handset to the computer using a USB cable.
- After connecting the USB cable, you will see a blue sign in Odin interface in the ID:COM section with a USB port number.
- Add the Recovery TWRP .tar file from that you’ve already downloaded earlier.
- Click on the AP/PDA button and load it.
- DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ under the Options tab.
- You can also uncheck the ‘Auto Reboot’ option (optional).
- Click on ‘Start’ and wait for a few seconds until you see a message PASS.
- Reboot the handset into recovery mode by press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. [For newer Samsung devices, press and hold Volume Up + Power together]
- That’s it, guys. You’re done.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty, and you may no longer get software OTA updates. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Galaxy S3 Neo, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Galaxy S3 Neo by overclocking.
- By rooting, you can increase battery life by underclocking Galaxy S3 Neo.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Galaxy S3 Neo.
- You can block Ads on Android applications like Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Galaxy S3 Neo, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Galaxy S3 Neo
Guide to Root Galaxy S3 Neo via SuperSU
Guide to Root Galaxy S3 Neo via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.