On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G. This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery and root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
5G is the future of mobile communications, and more 5G devices are flooding the market one after the other. One of the biggest smartphone giants, Xiaomi, has released some flagship phones but not in the budget category. This changed recently on the 26th of November when Xiaomi released three news phones under the Redmi sub-brand. Out of these three newly launched smartphones, two were 5G ready smartphones and the cheapest of the two 5G smartphones in the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G. Now, let’s check out the device specifications below.
Redmi Note 9 5G: Device Overview:
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G features a 6.53 inch IPS display with an FHD+ resolution of 2430×1080 pixels. It is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 800U processor, which is like the MediaTek alternative of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G. This processor is the reason why Xiaomi can keep the price low for a 5G phone while maintaining high performance. To handle multitasking, we get 6GB of RAM on the device with an internal storage of 128GB. The storage is expandable via a microSD card up to 512GB.
In terms of optics, we get a triple camera setup at the back. This includes a 48MP primary sensor with an f/1.79 lens, a second 8MP ultrawide sensor with an f/2.2 lens, and a third 2MP sensor with an f/2.4 lens. Coming to the front, we get to see a 13MP primary camera in a hole punch design on the top left corner of the screen.
Connectivity options for the phone include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g, GPS, Bluetooth v5.10, USB Type-C, Wi-Fi Direct, 3G, 4G, and 5G. We also get all the basic sensors like the accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, and proximity sensor. Powering all of this is a 5000 mAh battery that supports proprietary fast charging out of the box. The Redmi Note 9 5G is released in four color options: Cloud Ink Grey, Flowing Shadow Purple, and Outside the Castle Peak.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G (cannon)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G (cannon) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
|Version||V3.4.2 and Higher|
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.