On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi 13 Ultra (ishtar). This guide contains both written instructions and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi 13 Ultra.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader first. As smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Xiaomi 13 Ultra device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Xiaomi 13 Ultra Device Overview:
Xiaomi 13 Ultra was launched in April 2023. It boasts a sleek design with dimensions of 163.2 x 74.6 x 9.1 mm and a weight of 227 g. The phone features a combination of premium materials, including a Gorilla Glass Victus front, an eco-leather back, and an aluminum frame. Xiaomi 13 Ultra supports dual SIM cards, is IP68 dust and water-resistant and boasts a large 6.73-inch LTPO AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, and impressive brightness levels. Under the hood, Xiaomi 13 Ultra runs on Android 13 with MIUI 14, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, an octa-core CPU, and an Adreno 740 GPU.
Xiaomi 13 Ultra offers multiple memory configurations, ranging from 256GB to 1TB of storage, and features a versatile quad-camera system by Leica, including 50MP wide, periscope telephoto, telephoto, and ultrawide lenses. Xiaomi 13 Ultra supports advanced video recording capabilities, such as 8K at 24fps and 4K at various frame rates, along with various stabilization features. Xiaomi 13 Ultra also includes a 32MP front-facing camera, stereo speakers, NFC, infrared port, and a USB Type-C 3.2 port.
One of Xiaomi 13 Ultra’s standout features is its fast charging capabilities, offering 90W wired charging for a full charge in just 35 minutes and 50W wireless charging for a full charge in 49 minutes. Xiaomi 13 Ultra equipped with a 5000mAh non-removable battery and offers various sensors, including an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, gyro, compass, color spectrum sensor, and barometer.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project, or TWRP for short, is open-source software that offers custom recovery solutions for Android devices. Its unique selling point is its user-friendly touchscreen interface, which simplifies the process of installing third-party firmware or creating backups of the existing system – tasks that are often not supported by standard recovery images.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Xiaomi 13 Ultra using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Xiaomi 13 Ultra
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi 13 Ultra
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi 13 Ultra.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi 13 Ultra
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Xiaomi 13 Ultra models only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Xiaomi 13 Ultra bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device is connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi 13 Ultra device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Xiaomi 13 Ultra, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Xiaomi 13 Ultra by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Xiaomi 13 Ultra.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Xiaomi 13 Ultra.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as YouTube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Xiaomi 13 Ultra, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Xiaomi 13 Ultra
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.