Samsung Galaxy J5 (j53gxx) launched in June 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Here we will guide you on how to download and install Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy J5.
Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 features a 5.0-inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 processor coupled with 1.5GB of RAM. The phone packs 8/16GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 comes with 13MP rear Camera with autofocus and LED flash and 5MP front shooting camera.
Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, 3G and 4G.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie Update for Samsung Galaxy J5?Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy J5.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J5.
- Supported on Samsung Galaxy J5 (j53gxx)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- Your device must be bootloader unlocked.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J5.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie Update for Samsung Galaxy J5:
Version Developer Name: Lineage OS 16 for Samsung Galaxy J5 XDA Developer: vince2678
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install:
- Move the download Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie Update on Samsung Galaxy J5.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Samsung Galaxy J5:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install Magisk root on your phone.
If you don’t want Magisk rooting guide, then you can try SuperSU Root on Android Pie ROM.
Hope this guide was helpful to install Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy J5.