Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has become quite popular among gamers. With the game being quite new, many issues and errors are bound to happen. And one such issue is regarding the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 error code DIVER, which is causing many players frustration. The biggest challenge for this error is that it does not explain the origin of the error but says “Error code Diver,” which is not enough to understand what exactly is missing in the game.
With a little digging around the cause, it feels like the error code divers reference the problem where the game cannot download all the required files. This can happen due to poor internet, internet restrictions, or even game file permission. Below, we will discuss a few working troubleshooting methods to fix the same.
- How To Fix Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Error Code DIVER
How To Fix Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Error Code DIVER
Whenever the game runs, it shows Error Code DIVER with no other explanation. There is an option to retry but that doesn’t always help. Down below are some troubleshooting methods that shall help you to fix this issue on your end.
Method 1: Restart COD Game
In most cases, such issues are just technical glitches that will disappear once you restart the game. So please save the game progress, and restart it to see if it helps.
Method 2: Check Internet Connectivity
As the issue tends to be a download task, a slow or defective internet connection can be the main reason behind this issue. Make sure you have a high-speed internet connection. Also, try restarting your router or dial-up modem to see if it helps.
Method 3: Disable Static IP
Many users over the Reddit COD community have suggested that making changes to IP settings can help fix the issue.
by u/DanishYz from discussion Error Code 6 & DIVER = Any solution?
- Open Settings and navigate to Network & Internet.
- Double-click on the connected wifi router to edit the IP settings.
- Here go down and scroll to the IP assignment option. Make sure it is set to “Automatic DHCP” settings.
Method 4: Use Cellular Data
Sometimes the Wifi network does not work for game updates even if it works for normal data browsing. So connect your cellular phone as a hotspot and then try to rerun the game.
by u/SimsTY from discussion Error code Diver
Many users across Reddit have tried this method, and it has worked for most of them. Please note that cellular connection can be expensive depending on your phone plan, so please confirm with your mobile plan before you use cellular data for game updates.
Method 5: Check Game Servers
Since the diver error is caused while downloading game updates, it is quite possible that the COD server itself is not functioning properly. This has happened in the past when COD servers are down for maintenance which causes multiple problems for the majority of users. You may check the COD Modern Warfare 2 server status here.
Method 6: Update Game
Game developers have been releasing multiple game updates since the game has launched. Many of these updates were meant to fix the DIVER issue. So make sure you update the game to the latest version.
Method 7: Verify Game Files
This Diver error might occur if the game files are missing or corrupted. So it’s better to check the integrity of the game files. To verify files from Steam, follow the steps below:
- Launch Steam and navigate to Library.
- Search for RDR2 and right-click on it.
- Select properties and go to local files.
- Now click on verify the integrity of the game files.
- After the verification is complete, restart your Check if the problem persists.
Method 8: Disable Firewall
A firewall is a mechanism that may stop certain intent requests if they are flagged as inappropriate or suspicious by the system. For many users, Windows default defender stops certain in-game update requests resulting in Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 error code DIVER.
by u/Jalsonio from discussion Error Code 6 & DIVER = Any solution?
Many Reddit COD community users have recommended disabling the firewall and then trying to run the game again. To turn off firewall defender, follow the steps below:
- Open the Control panel and navigate to Windows defender options.
- Here make sure you turn off the windows defender firewall.
- Once done, restart your game and see if it helps.
Method 9: Edit Game File Folder
Game files are important to run the game and if there is any issue with the game files themselves, it can create further issues including the Diver error. Some users from the Reddit COD community have suggested that there is a way to fix the particular diver issue by editing some files in the game file folder.
by u/Zendever from discussion Error Code 6 & DIVER = Any solution?
- First, open the document > COD Modern Warfare folder on yoru PC.
- Copy all the files from the folder and save them on some other location, preferably desktop.
- Now start the game and proceed with the update.
- The game will update the required files in the document folder itself.
- Now go back to the desktop to the backup folder and copy all files.
- Pate the files in the document folder. Windows will ask you to overwrite existing files, select NO.
- This will only copy files which do not exist in the document folder, i.e. game save files.
Once this process is done, restart the game and the issue will be solved.
This brings us to the end of this guide for fixing the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 error code DIVER problem. Please note that the issue is most likely to be associated with the internet connectivity so make sure you go through all the methods to fix the same. In case nothing works, try to reinstall the game from scratch.