Spotify gives you the option to create your playlist by adding tracks on it that you like. You can add as many tracks as you want and arrange it just the way you prefer it. But when you create a playlist, you also get the option of setting a name for the playlist and a playlist picture. The name and this image of the playlists are customizable, and one can change it any time they want.
Spotify automatically assigns a playlist picture when we create a new playlist, but if you are not satisfied with it and want to change it, you can do it. Spotify can be accessed from the desktop application, the mobile application, and the web player. No matter how you access your Spotify account, we will guide you on how to change your playlist picture on Spotify on each of these mediums. So without further ado, let’s get into it.
How to change the Playlist Picture on Spotify?
The picture that you want to set as your playlist picture, you have to make sure that it is in the .jpeg format. Additionally, the size of the image should also not exceed 4MB.
Changing the Playlist image on the Desktop App:
The desktop application of Spotify is available for both Windows and Mac users.
- Open the Spotify application on your PC.
- Under Playlists, you will see the name of the playlist whose image you want to change. Right-click on the playlist and click on “Edit Details.”
- Then a window will pop up with the heading “Edit Playlist Details.”
- Here, click on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of your playlist picture.
- Then click on “Replace Image.”
- After that, choose the image you want to set as the playlist picture and click on the “Open” button.
- Finally, click on “Save,” and the playlist picture will be changed.
Changing the Playlist picture on the Smartphone App:
If you use Spotify only on your smartphone, follow the guide mentioned below to change the playlist image. You cant just any picture as the playlist image in the Spotify application. You can only set the collage of any four songs on your playlist as the playlist image.
- Launch the Spotify application on your smartphone.
- Tap on the “Your library” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Then select the playlist whose image you want to change.
- Click on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the “Edit Playlist” option.
- Using the three dash icon on the right of each of the songs, drag and drop the top four spots. The tracks that you add to the four spots will make up your playlist picture.
Changing the Playlist picture on the Spotify Web Player:
Even without the application, a user can access Spotify using a browser to open up the Web Player for Spotify. So we will describe the final method of changing the playlist image on Spotify via the Web Player.
- Open the Spotify Web player on your web browser.
- Select the “Your Library” option.
- Then under Playlists, find the playlist whose image you want to change.
- Drag and drop the playlist tracks to set up the top four spots according to your liking. The tracks that you add to the four spots will make up your playlist picture.
- Now refresh or reload the page, and you will notice that the playlist picture has been changed.
So that is how you can change the playlist picture on Spotify.
If you have any questions or queries about this guide, then comment down below, and we will get back to you. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more useful information.