The Xbox series X users have recently come up with a commonly faced issue, named Error Code 0x80072ee2. The said error basically occurs when a user tries to install any game from the Xbox Live store. Apart from that, it can also occur while the user installs the Xbox Game Pass Game on a Windows 10 device.
How to Fix the “Xbox 0x80072ee2 Error Code”?
Considering that the Xbox Error Code 0x80072ee2 is troubling a lot of users these days, we have compiled a list of quick and easy fixes that will help them in getting rid of it. Now before you begin with the fixes, first check whether your internet connection is working smoothly or is it a slow internet connection that might trigger the said error. However, if your internet connection is smooth and stable, then consider moving to the fixes explained below:
FIX 1: Restart your Xbox:
Users who are experiencing the Xbox 0x80072ee2 Error Code should first restart their Xbox and check whether it helps or not. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- On your controller, press the Xbox button and open the guide.
- Now select the option Profile & system and then click on Settings.
- Now navigate to the General tab and then click on Power mode & startup.
- Lastly, click on the Restart now tab.
- Once your Xbox restarts, check whether the said issue got resolved or if it persists.
FIX 2: Download the Game Again:
As we mentioned earlier in this article, the Xbox 0x80072ee2 Error Code can also be a result of a connectivity issue between Xbox Live servers and your Xbox console. While you were downloading the game, some technical glitch due to the connectivity issue would have resulted in the said error.
Here the best resort is to Delete the game and then download it once again. While you download for the second time, make sure the connectivity between Xbox Live servers and your Xbox console is smooth.
FIX 3: Connect to Wired Connection:
If you are using a Router-based internet connection, try a wired connection and check whether the Xbox 0x80072ee2 Error Code persists. It is a simple workaround that has worked for a lot of suffered users, and thus, we recommend you try the same.
FIX 4: Change your DNS Settings:
If none of the above-mentioned fixes worked for you, then we recommend you change your DNS settings and check whether it helps or not. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Now select Setting ->All Settings -> Network.
- Now from the Network screen options, navigate to Advanced settings.
- Here select DNS settings and then click on Manual.
- Now set the Primary DNS settings as 18.104.22.168 and the Secondary DNS settings as 22.214.171.124.
- Lastly, Save the changes.
These were the 4 primary solutions that will help you in resolving the Xbox 0x80072ee2 Error Code. However, even after trying them all, if none helps you; then we recommend you to address this issue to the Xbox support team.
At the end of this article, we hope we have provided you with enough relevant and helpful information regarding the Xbox error code 0x80072ee2. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.