The Hong Kong-based smartphone brand Itel offers great value for money devices. Itel devices are running on Android OS and powered by MediaTek devices. It’s worth mentioning that Android is an Open Source Project and fully customizable. Most of the avid Android users want to get the most out of it to get more features and customizations. But for security and stability purpose, most of the smartphone OEMs don’t provide too many functions in the Stock ROM. If you’re using any Itel smartphone, you can root your device via Magisk without TWRP Recovery. Here in this article, you will get the guide to root any Itel devices using Magisk [No TWRP required].
The Root access offers you the superuser control like an admin so that you can customize or tweak the device settings and apps. If you’re a developer or an advanced user, it can be much easier for you. By rooting your Android device, you can simply tweak the system apps and settings like changing themes, uninstalling bloatware, etc. Though there are some of the limitations as well which are mentioned below.
- After rooting, you won’t be able to receive OTA updates automatically.
- In addition, your device may brick easily due to improper rooting steps or your device warranty may void as well.
- Take a complete backup of your device before starting the flashing process.
Table of Contents
Supported Device List:
- iTel A46
- iTel A52 Lite
- iTel A16
- iTel A16 Plus
- iTel A44 Air
- iTel A44 Power
- iTel P13 Plus
- iTel A15
- iTel A14
- iTel A23
- iTel A45
- iTel A22 Pro
- iTel A22
- iTel A62
- iTel S42
- iTel A44 Pro
- iTel A44
- iTel PowerPro P41
- iTel S21
- iTel S41
How to Root Itel devices via Magisk
Now, let’s take a look at the rooting steps along with requirements and download links. If you have any queries, you can ask in the comments below before doing something wrong.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50%-60% at least.
- Take a complete backup of your device data first to recover the data in case anything goes wrong.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB Cable is required.
- Download and install the ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows/MAC.
- Then download the Itel USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Next, download the Latest Itel Stock Firmware and extract the boot image:
- Then download and install the SP Flash Tool for Mediatek and SPD Flash Tool for Spreadtrum Unisoc on your PC. It’s important.
How to Extract and Patch Boot.image via Magisk
- Download the Stock ROM and extract it on your PC.
- Connect your Itel device via a USB cable to the PC and copy the boot.img file only from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Open the Magisk Manager on your device. Select Install option to choose the file.
- Tap on ‘Patch Boot Image File’.
- Then head over to the folder where you have moved the image file earlier.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds and Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- After the boot image is patched, copy the ‘patched_boot.img’ from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Finally, you need to follow the second method to flash the patched boot image file on your Itel smartphone.
How to Install the Patched Boot Image on any Itel Devices
Check out the full guide mentioned below in a link for proper steps.
- We assume that you have already downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool from the link given above.
- Next, you need to extract the ADB fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key and right click on the mouse to open the Command Window.
- Then type the following command in the command prompt and hit enter:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, type and enter the following command:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- You need to replace filename.img with the name of the TWRP Recovery img file which you have downloaded.
- The flashing process will begin. Wait for a few seconds to complete the process.
- Now, type the following command and press enter:
How to Verify Device Systemless Root
- First, download the Magisk Manager app APK file and install it on your device.
- Open the app and check the Status mode. If you see all options are green ticked, that means you have successfully rooted. It also means that you’ve bypassed the SafetyNet as well.
We hope that you’ve successfully rooted your device via Magisk. If you’re facing any issue or have any queries, you can write in the comments down below.