The Chinese tech giant Huawei’s subsidiary brand Honor has released its mid-budget category smartphone called Honor 10i in March 2019 which is also known as Honor 20 Lite. The Honor 10i (HRY-LX1T) features an FHD+ LCD display, Android 9.0 Pie, Kirin 710 processor, 4GB RAM, 128GB ROM, triple rear camera setup, 3400mAh battery capacity, and more. Now, you can Download Huawei Honor 10i Android 10 with EMUI 10 Update from this guide.
Recently, the company has released the EMUI 10 (Android 10) update for the Honor 10i model (aka Honor 20 Lite). If you don’t know, the EMUI is the official skin for the Huawei and a couple of Honor devices as well. As the EMUI 10 is based on Android 10, it brings a bunch of new features and system improvements. Make sure that the update is waving via OTA in an incremental manner. So, it will take some time to hit all the units properly.
However, if you’re an interested Honor 10i user and don’t want to wait further, you can check for the OTA update manually on your device via Settings > System > Software update > Check for updates. If you can see that there is a new software update is available for your device, just grab it. Otherwise, you can manually flash the firmware on your Honor 10i handset by following the guide below.
EMUI 10 Update
The all-new EMUI 10 update is based on Android 10 and it offers plenty of improvements and UI changes. Most of the OEMs always try to implement visual changes and include some of the customized features apart from the exclusive Android OS features. EMUI 10 is no exception here and the company has included the below features or changes.
- EMUI 10 offers a seamless AI-based user interface with visual improvements.
- Multiscreen collaboration (screencasting) with multiple devices without an internet connection.
- A set of new wallpapers that includes materials, earth, forest, sea waves, and more.
- The Golden Ratio Icons are redesigned and re-depicted for a better visual-friendly interface. It also offers better accessibility with curved edges and a high color contrast level.
- A bunch of AOD (Always-On Display) mode on the lock screen offers more stunning look where the colors change depending on the day/night conditions.
- The Morandi Palette brings the Morandi gradient color scheme with translucency for a cool simple yet stunning look.
- Newly added elastic touch, swiping gestures, and a smoother transition animation effect delivers a comfortable touch experience with nice visual & feel.
- The Magazin theme like minimal layout and user interface gives a solid look & feel. It offers bigger fonts, gridlines, improved reading experience, a magazine-like format, etc.
- The system-wide Dark Mode offers an immersive reading or viewing experience in the low lighting conditions which will be soothing to the eyes.
- With the consistent low latency rate, the EMUI 10 offers faster response time.
- The updated GPU Turbo feature reduces the touch latency and extends the battery life than before.
- HUAWEI Clone feature brings a peer to peer data transferring service to another device without mobile data.
- EMUI 10 is more secure with an isolated secure system called microkernel that has received CC EAL 5+ certification.
Android 10: Overview
Android 10 is the 10th major release of Android OS that was launched in September 2019 officially. Google has ditched the alphabetical dessert naming series with Android 10. Though the company is still using an alphabetical term like Android Q for Android 10 and Android R for Android 11. Android 10 is more focused on system security and other privacy concerns.
It features Live Caption, Smart Reply, Sound Amplifier, Gesture Navigation, Dark Theme, Privacy Controls, Location Controls, Security Updates, Focus Mode, Family Link, and more. Additionally, Android 10 (Q) also brings UI improvements for the foldable and 5G devices, web & app activity, privacy settings all in one place, improve app permissions especially for location privacy, opt-out for ad retargeting & personalization, etc.
Steps to Install Huawei Honor 10i Android 10 with EMUI 10 Update
Make sure to download the required tools, drivers and ROM before trying this method.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide. This beta version is designed for you to experience new software features in advance, thus giving us feedback for further software improvement. Below are known issues with this version that may affect your daily use. Do not install this update if you frequently use the apps or features concerned.
1. Some banking apps are not compatible with Android 10. This issue can be resolved only after compatible app versions are released.
2. Some instant messaging apps are not compatible with Android 10 and may encounter issues when sending images. Restart the app to fix this issue.
3. The silent mode will be enabled by default for notifications from instant messaging apps if you disabled sound and vibration alerts for them before installing this update. The alert mode can be modified in the app settings according to your preferences.
4. For apps with the App twin feature enabled, this update might allow the twin app to read Messaging content. Disable and re-enable the App twin feature to fix the issue.
5. The screen might flicker in certain situations when playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). Set a non-HDR resolution or restart the game to fix the issue.
6. Samsung watches might automatically disconnect from your phone after a certain period. This issue will be resolved in a later version.
7. 30x zooming by pinching out with two fingers might occasionally fail. Drag the zoom slider or restart Camera to fix this issue.
- Supported Device: Huawei Honor 10i only
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Required Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method that you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
Before trying to upgrade via the given method, make sure to check for the new software update manually by using the HiCare app.
1st Method: Instructions:
- First, you need to download EMUI 10 Beta Flashy v0.2 and extract it on your PC.
- Download the firmware and extract it inside the same flashing tool extracted area.
- You need to enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging on your device
- Once you have enabled OEM unlocking, now open the flashy tool and run the Flash.bat file inside it.
- This will now flash the Android 10 on Huawei Honor 10i.
- Once it is done! Reboot your device and enjoy the Android 10 EMUI 10 beta.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed the EMUI 10.
2nd Method: Instructions:How to use Huawei Smartphone Multi Download tool
3rd Method: Instructions:Method 1: Install Firmware via HuRUpdater tool Method 2: Install Huawei Firmware via Dload
Still not able to update? Then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared a useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
We hope this guide was helpful enough to flash the Huawei Honor 10i Android 10 Update.