Huawei Mate 10 Pro was launched in the year 2017 Android 8.0 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Today the company started rolling the Android 10 update for their Huawei Mate 10 Pro. This update brings the latest EMUI 10.0 user interface which comes with a lot of goodies along with Android 10 Q features. Currently, the update is Open beta which is rolling for selected users under the beta channel. If you are not a beta tester, you can manually install Huawei Mate 10 Pro Android 10 OS Update.
The update is now live and available to download here. If you didn’t sign up for the Huawei Beta program or you are not patient to wait for the OTA, then you can download the full firmware and flash the update using our guide to upgrade from Android 9.0 Pie to Android 10 on Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Below we given are Beta software, if you experience bugs, then we are not responsible.
Table of Contents
Huawei Mate 10 Pro device overview
Huawei Mate 10 Pro features a 6.0 inches AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Quad-core 4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory. The camera on the Huawei Mate 10 Pro comes with dual 12 MP + 20 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, HDR, panorama and 8 MP front shooting camera.
Huawei Mate 10 Pro runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0 and backed by Li-Po 4000 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.
EMUI 10 Update
Huawei has announced the latest EMUI 10 custom skin based on Android 10 at Huawei’s developer conference. The new version of custom skin already surfaced on new refreshed Huawei P30 Pro device variants at IFA last week. The company has revealed the update timeline for its devices which will receive the Android 10 stable version. The EMUI 10 is currently available in the beta version.
As the latest Android version is the 10th generation of Google’s Android OS and it brings a bunch of new features and system improvements as well. Therefore, the Android 10 based EMUI 10 custom skin will also get all the core features.
- 3D Touch: It gives a super smooth touch effect with animation. It feels so fast and responsive than a normal touch pressure effect.
- Live Caption: The Live Caption brings real-time automatic captions to media on your device. It will provide live captions for the videos, podcasts, and audio messages, apps, etc. It works offline too.
- System-Wide Dark Mode: The dark mode saves battery juice a lot and reduces eye strain during night time.
- The swipe gesture navigation control offers more improved functionalities in Android 10.
- App Drawer: The new app drawer seems just like a Pixel Launcher. The drawer opens like swipe up from the home screen.
- New Stock Camera UI: The stock EMUI camera app UI has been tweaked a little bit. The slider between camera shutter button and modes text appears as a red dot this time.
- Notification and Quick Settings Toggle: The latest upcoming EMUI version will allow users to choose and set notification controls. It offers quick shortcut toggle.
- New Transition Animation: Huawei has introduced the new transition animation style for the swipe to go home gesture.
- Privacy and Security: It enables system security, app permission control, location control, and more.
- Bubbles: Bubbles feature is a new feature in Android Q which looks and works like Facebook Messenger.
- Desktop Mode: Android Q in EMUI 10 will feature desktop mode to connect your device easily to the monitor.
Additionally, you can check more EMUI 10 features and supported device list.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install Huawei Mate 10 Pro Android 10 Update
Make sure to download the required tools, drivers and ROM before trying this method.
[note color=”red” title_tag=”p” title=”Disclaimer!”]
[note color=”yellow” title_tag=”p” title=”Changelog:”]
User interface intricate and breath taking
– Magazine Design
Incorporates a magazine – style layout, for a more comfortable and authentic reading experience
– Morandi Color
Understated gray tones make for a gentler and more comfortable display
Dynamic , naturally – based animations for page transitions, app launches, and other scenarios.
Performance: stable and smooth
Improves the smoothness and stability of the system when playing games.
– Phone Clone
Improves the connection and cloning speed.
Security: more secure data and privacy
– Formally verified microkernel Uses Huawei ‘ s own self – developed microkernel design , certified as the most secure OS kernel for commercial use.
– Distributed technology Improves security when connecting to other Huawei devices , as well as when transferring files between and storing data on other Huawei devices.
– Privacy protection
Supports app sandboxing capabilities for standardized app permission management and more secure data and privacy protection.
Media and entertainment: more fun
– AppAssistant dropzone
Adds a dropzone for AppAssistant , allowing you to quickly access services such as game acceleration and do – not – disturb
- Supported Device: Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Required Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method that you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
[note color=”green” title_tag=”h3″ title=”Required Downloads:”]
- Firmware download:
- BLA-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.163: Download Full ROM – Global
- BLA-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.159: Download Full ROM – Global
- BLA-LGRP1-CHN 10.0.0.170: Download Full ROM – China
- BLA-LGRP1-CHN 10.0.0.162: Download Full ROM – China
- BLA-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.139: Download Full ROM – Global
- BLA-LGRP1-CHN 10.0.0.134: Download Full ROM – China
- Download Huawei Multi-Download Tool on your computer and install it.
- Huawei USB Drivers – download and install it on your PC.
- Huawei Handset Product Line Driver – download and install it also.
- Beta Flashy Tool: Download Beta Flashy v0.2 [to flash using the first method]
Before trying to upgrade via the given method, make sure to check for the new software update manually by using hicare app.
1st Method: Instructions:
- First, you need to download EMUI 10 Beta Flashy v0.2 and extract on your PC’
- Download the firmware and extract it inside the same flashing tool extracted area.
- You need to enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging on your device
- Once you have enabled OEM unlocking, now open the flashy tool and run the Flash.bat file inside it.
- This will now flash the Android 9 Pie on Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Once it is done! Reboot your device and enjoy the Android 10 EMUI 10.0 beta.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed the Android Pie.
2nd Method: Instructions:
[su_button url=”https://www.getdroidtips.com/how-to-use-huawei-smartphone-multi-download-tool/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#2962ff” size=”7″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: download” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How to use Huawei Smartphone Multi Download tool[/su_button]
3rd Method: Instructions:
[su_button url=”https://www.getdroidtips.com/hurupdater-tool/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#2962ff” size=”7″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: download” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]Method 1: Install Firmware via HuRUpdater tool[/su_button]
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
I hope this guide was helpful enough to flash the Huawei Mate 10 Pro Android 10 Update.