There is nothing to say much about Minecraft and its gameplay or popularity in the gaming market. But it mostly happens that in this open-world gameplay, plenty of Minecraft players may die (far from home) and all of the collected items or loot goes unused which is quite unfortunate. So, if you’re unable to keep alive yourself and you’re obviously far away from your home in the gameplay, there is nothing to do further. So, if you’re already tired of losing your precious loot items, make sure to follow this simple and useful guide to know more about How To Keep Inventory When You Die In Minecraft every time.
It’s very much frustrating that after exploring a lot of places and hard working in the game, all of your collected inventory will get lost whenever you die. So, it’s worth mentioning to use the game cheat or command trick on your respective Minecraft edition to allow yourself to be in the game again even after dying in order to keep your inventory alive. Well, the solution is interesting and you can use the trick very easily. So, let’s jump into the steps below. But make sure to have the following version of your respective Minecraft Edition to use the cheat command. Whereas some of the editions aren’t compatible with the cheats.
- Java Edition (PC/Mac) – Yes (1.4.2)
- Pocket Edition (PE) – Yes (1.0.5)
- Xbox 360 – No
- Xbox One – Yes (1.2)
- PS3 – No
- PS4 – Yes (1.14.0)
- Wii U – No
- Nintendo Switch – Yes (1.5.0)
- Windows 10 Edition – Yes (1.0.5)
- Education Edition – Yes
NOTE: Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE), Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10 Edition are now known as ‘Bedrock Edition’. So, don’t get confused while following the steps to Keep Inventory When You Die In Minecraft.
How To Keep Inventory When You Die In Minecraft
First of all, you’ll need to turn on cheats or commands for your Minecraft version. To do this:
1. Turn On Cheats or Commands
|Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac)||
|Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE)||
|Minecraft Windows 10 Edition||
|Minecraft Education Edition||
Read Also: Fix: Minecraft Realms Error Code 429
2. Use Keep Inventory Command
In order to Keep Inventory alive When You Die In Minecraft, the keep inventory command for all the Minecraft edition will be the same as below:
/gamerule keepinventory true
But if you want to lose your inventory after dying, use the below command:
/gamerule keepInventory false
3. Steps to Enter the Command
Here you have to open the chat window and then enter the command.
How to Open the Chat Window
- Java Edition (PC/Mac): Press the T key to open the chat window.
- Pocket Edition (PE): Tap on the chat button help command at the top of the screen.
- Xbox One: Press the D-Pad (right) on your Xbox One controller.
- PS4: Press the D-Pad (right) on the PS4 controller.
- Nintendo Switch: Press the right arrow button on the Nintendo Switch controller.
- Windows 10 Edition: Press the T key to open the chat window.
- Education Edition: Press the T key to open the chat window.
Type the Command
- Type the following command to keep alive your inventory after dying:
/gamerule keepInventory true
- Press the Enter key to run the command.
- The game rule will be changed for your world once you run the command.
- Now, whenever you will die, the Respawn button will appear. Just click on it to rejoin the game.
- You’re done.
This is how you can easily get back all of your looted items or inventory even after dying in the game. That’s it, guys. Feel free to ask in the comment below for further queries.
Also Read: Fix: Minecraft Server Java Version Errors