Instagram is considered one of the best photo-sharing social media platforms. It provides you to share photos with followers, who comment, like, and share it. Instagram provides video calling feature too, but many of us are unaware of it. You can connect with your follower through video chat as well as you can also join the group video calls. You can connect over a video call on your iPhone or iPad.
If you want to know how to make a video call through Instagram, stay with us. We will guide you through all the step-by-step procedures to make a video call.
How to Make Video Calls with Instagram on the iPhone/iPad?
A pre-install “Instagram” official app on your iPhone/iPad is the prerequisite for making a video call or group video call. If you do not have an Instagram app, then you can download the official Instagram app from here. Before moving ahead, please ensure you have created an account on Instagram.
Let’s quickly look at it how we can make a video call with Instagram on iPhone/iPad.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone/iPad.
- If you have already created an account, then log in with your account credentials. If there is no account is exists, then you must have to create an account with Sign up.
- After log-in, tap on the “Direct” icon in the top right corner of your home screen. It will direct you to a direct message screen.
- On your direct message screen shows various followers on the list to whom you can message. On the top right corner of the screen, you will see the “Video” icon. Tap on the “Video” icon to initiate a new video chat.
- In the “New Video Chat” screen, you can type the username of the user and check the circle beside it. Tap on the “Start” button on top of the screen to start the video chat. To connect with multiple users, you can select them from the list with whom you want to connect.
So, why are you waiting? Now you know how to make a video call or a group video call with Instagram on the iPhone, then go ahead and have fun.
Instagram provides you with a feature where you easily send Direct Messages to your video group users. Once the group video call initiated, Instagram creates the chat group of video call users to send direct messages. You can connect with a maximum of 6 users on Instagram over a group video call. It is less in number as a competitor “Snapchat” provides 16 users on a group video call.
Apple’s Facetime provides the video call feature with users of Apple devices only. Unlike Facetime, Instagram is the universal platform that supports a video call for android and iOS users too. That is the reason people find it more convenient.
The quarantine time majority of people use video calling apps to talk with friends, family, and colleagues. Platforms such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Snapchat, Zoom, Google Duo, Skype, and many more who provide video calling. Despite various social media platforms, people are already using Instagram. Instead of downloading a separate application for video calling, people can use Instagram for video calling. The limited number of users in a group video call could be the limitation. Anyway, people can use the other platform, too, such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Snapchat, Google Duo, Zoom, and Skype, if they want to connect with more people. The Apple users can connect over 32 people on a group video call using the Facetime app (Available in Apple devices only) if all users own Apple devices.
The video conference calls among the students, businesses, and friends become necessary during this quarantine time. The video call supporting application Zoom become popular by providing conference video call with 100 people for 40 minutes of meeting at free. It is the best application when meeting covers a large number of people.
We are eager to know from you that which are the video calling apps you use and which you think is the best for you?
Do not forget to share your view in the comment section down below.