When you successfully sign in your game on the computer, sometimes you have faced problems related to the communication between your network and server. That time you are familiar with the error ‘Failed to Authenticate your connection’ appear on the screen. Many users faced such errors many times.
The error occurs when you try to connect with the Minecraft server. The error ‘Failed to Authenticate your connection’ occurs due to flawed Minecraft, or your connection is not secure. Minecraft always demands that the user’s connection must be safe and consistent. In this article, we come forward with some solutions to fix this particular error. Let’s see the solutions.
Table of Contents
Power-cycle the internet router:
Sometimes, the error ‘Failed to Authenticate your connection’ appears on the computer because of corrupted internet cache, which has been strengthened by the router. This problem prevents users from building a secure connection with the server. To escape from this mess, you can follow the below steps and can solve the issue.
- First of all ‘unplug’ your internet router from the socket
- For at least 10 seconds, long-press the router ‘power’ button
- Then ‘plug’ the router to the socket and turn on the ‘power’ button
- You have to wait for the network access and check if the issue gets solved or not.
You can restart the launcher
On some occasions, some essential files aren’t loaded completely then the game does not open properly. While this problem happens, the error ‘Failed to Authenticate your connection’ will appear on the screen. Through restarting your launcher, you can escape from this issue. Follow this step to solve this issue.
- On the taskbar right-click to “Task Manager.”
- Select the “Processes” tab and find anything related to “Minecraft.”
- When you find, click on the process and choose the “End Task.”
- Then “Restart” the launcher
- Now you can start Minecraft and connect to the server and check the issue solved.
Use the direct connect feature
Sometimes rather than choosing the connection through the server list, you are able to use the direct connection feature in the multiplayer to connect. To arrange a direct connection, you can follow the below steps.
- Open the “Minecraft” launcher and go to the server list screen
- Select the “Direct connect” as you can see on the bottom of the window.
- While you are in the Direct connection option, enter stuck.hypixel.net in the given space and hit on “Connect.”
- Wait for some time and check the game connected
- If the game is connected, then you have to understand, there is a problem with your Minecraft launcher that blocks you from connecting via the server list.
- Now you can reinstall the game or can use the direct connection feature.
Sign in again
It’s quite reasonable that if the server has not authorized your login, the error ‘Failed to Authenticate your connection’ may occur. In this situation, you have to log out and again login to solve the issue. You can follow the below step to continue the login process.
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select the “Username” option
- Then choose the “logout” button and wait to complete this process.
- Now enter your credentials and again log in and check the issue solved
Formally the error ‘Failed to Authenticate your connection’ occurs due to a problem with the Minecraft server. Mostly this issue arises when the Minecraft server gets malfunctioned, or the connection is not secure. The cracked connection from the user’s side or Minecraft side can appear in this error.
In this article, we covered all the possible solutions to solve the issue. When you are suffering from the error ‘Failed to Authenticate your connection,’ you can follow the above mentioned detailed solutions to fix it. After reading this article, you can solve this error without the help of any technical hands. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.