OnePlus launched their new device called OnePlus Nord N200 5G which is one of the cheapest 5G powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 SoC. The device features a triple rear camera setup at the back with a 13MP main sensor and on the front, it has a 16 MP wide selfie camera.
Installing TWRP Recovery and Rooting your Android device now becomes quite easy and useful too. Here in this guide, we will share with you the steps on How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus Nord N200 5G (codenamed dre8t) device easily. The TWRP Recovery installation process will also require unlocking the device bootloader. So, we will share how to Unlock the OnePlus Bootloader guide as well.
The smartphone OEMs don’t provide an unlocked bootloader for some security reasons. Whereas unlocking the device bootloader will come in handy to install custom recovery as well. The Custom Recovery tools will be like TWRP, CWM, etc. Here we will use the TWRP Recovery. By installing the TWRP Recovery, you can easily flash firmware files, install root, take a full backup, and more.
- OnePlus Nord N200 5G Specifications: Overview
- TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
- Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus Nord N200 5G (dre8t)
- What is Root? (Advantages)
- Steps to Root OnePlus Nord N200 5G
OnePlus Nord N200 5G Specifications: Overview
The Oneplus Nord N200 features 6.49 inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It is a high refresh rate panel with a 90Hz refresh rate. We have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G chip built on an 8nm manufacturing process in terms of processing power. It is an octa-core processor with two Kryo 460 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz and six Kryo 460 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 619.
Coming to the optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The triple camera consists of a 13MP primary sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 2MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. Coming to the front, we get a single 16MP sensor paired with an f/2.1 lens. Both the front and the rear camera setup can only shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
The Oneplus Nord N200 5G comes with Android 11 out of the box with OxygenOS 11 skin on top. The smartphone comes with a single storage variant with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage. There is also a MicroSD slot for storage expansion.
In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, NFC, FM radio, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. There is a 5,000 mAh battery inside the Oneplus Nord N200 5G that supports 18W fast charging
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It basically lets the user flash custom recovery files, firmware files, root files easily on their Android smartphones. The firmware and other zip files can be easily flashed by this tool. Thanks to the XDA member
EnumC for sharing the TWRP Recovery for OnePlus Nord N200 5G.
Meanwhile, you can also install or flash the custom recovery files, Xposed Modules, etc on your device. Additionally, creating the Nandroid backups & restores, factory reset, install GApps, etc can be done easily.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on OnePlus Nord N200 5G using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on OnePlus Nord N200 5G
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord N200 5G.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord N200 5G.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Now, let’s check how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus Nord N200 5G devices.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus Nord N200 5G (dre8t)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the OnePlus Nord N200 5G (dre8t) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- OnePlus Nord N200 5G bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download and Install the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on the computer.
- ADB & Fastboot tools for Windows and Mac
Download TWRP Recovery Files:
|TWRP Version||Download Links|
|TWRP Recovery 3.5.2-11||0.2.0: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664790178
Instructions to install
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device is connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord N200 5G (dre8t) device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your OnePlus Nord N200 5G, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your OnePlus Nord N200 5G by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking OnePlus Nord N200 5G.
- Uninstall Bloatware on OnePlus Nord N200 5G.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting OnePlus Nord N200 5G, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root OnePlus Nord N200 5GGuide to Root OnePlus Nord N200 5G via SuperSU Guide to Root OnePlus Nord N200 5G via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.