The Nokia 6.2 was launched a couple of months ago in October 2019 as a budget-segment smartphone. If you’re a Nokia 6.2 user but you don’t like the Stock Android UI or came to know that there are some of the customized features missing and now you want to move to a Custom ROM, then you’re in a right place. In this article, we will share with you the link to Download Pixel Experience ROM on Nokia 6.2 with Android 9.0 Pie along with all the requirements and a full-depth firmware installation guide.
The Android 9.0 Pie version was released last year in 2018 and it’s still one of the best Android versions out there. Though the latest Android 10 is launched a couple of months ago, the Nokia 6.2 is still running on Android Pie. The Android 9.0 Pie features swipe gesture navigation, improved quick settings UI, redesigned volume slider, adaptive battery & brightness, notch support, improved lock screen UI, new recent menu, Digital Wellbeing, rotation icon on the navbar, and more.
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Nokia 6.2. It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Here you can download and install the latest Google Pixel Experienced ROM for Nokia 6.2 based on Android 9.0 Pie now available. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Nokia 6.2
To install this ROM on Nokia 6.2, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery.
- Supported Smartphone: Nokia 6.2 (sld-sprout/Starlord)
- Charge the Nokia 6.2 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Nokia 6.2.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Nokia 6.2
What's Working and What's Not?
- Download the latest Nokia USB Drivers
- Pixel Experience ROM zip file: Download
- Stock Pie Kernel zip: Download
- Download VBMeta: Link Here
- Download Magisk zip file for root your device or flash SuperSU zip file
Instructions to install
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Nokia 6.2 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Select Format data > Type YES to confirm [This will wipe everything].
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- Now reboot into recovery again
- Flash Gapps zip file and flash Perf-Stock-9.0-SLD_sprout.zip file.
- Now wipe all except system & vendor
- Tap on reboot bootloader
- Your device will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Open the command window and flash vbmeta using this command given below.
- for slot-a >
fastboot flash vbmeta_a --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
- for slot-b>
fastboot flash vbmeta_b --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope this guide is useful to you and you’ve successfully flashed the Pixel Experience ROM on Nokia 6.2 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.
Source: XDA || Credits to Raghu_varma